|We’re shutting down Articulate Online on December 31, 2021. Learn more.|
Articulate Online allows you to easily import user data—but if you’d like to generate random passwords for the people whose data you import, you’ll need to take care of that before you import their other data. Here’s the process to follow:
STEP 1: Generate Random Passwords
- Log in to your Articulate Online account and click the People tab.
- At the bottom of your list of users, select Add Users.
- In the E-mail addresses box, enter an email address for each user you plan to add. Separate the addresses with commas.
- Under Passwords, select Generate a random password for each user.
- If you like, edit the text in the Customize message box to tailor the message your users will receive.
- Click Add Users.
The people you just added will receive a message from Articulate Online, containing the URL and password they should use to log in and view content.
STEP 2: Update New Users' Information
Now that Articulate Online has added your users and created passwords for them, you can import any additional information about them that you want. Here’s how:
- In Articulate Online, select the People tab and choose Add Users.
- Select Import users from a file.
- When the window below appears, click the link to download the file called ao-import.csv and save it to your computer.
- Open the CSV file in Excel. For each of the users you added to AO a few minutes ago, do the following:
- Enter their email addresses in the Email column exactly as you entered them in AO.
- Leave the Password column blank, since AO has already generated a password for these users.
- Fill in any additional fields with the data you want to add to these users’ profiles.
- Save the CSV file. If you see a prompt asking if you want to keep the file in CSV format, choose Yes.
- Go back to the import window in Articulate Online. Browse to the CSV file you saved, and then click Add Users..
You’re done! The users’ profiles will now include the data you imported.