Listed below are the new features and fixes we've added to Storyline 360 since its initial launch. Updates are free for Articulate 360 subscribers. Just open the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer and click the Update button for Storyline 360. Details here.
August 18, 2020 (Build 3.43.22859.0)
- Fixed: A timer could continue to display after moving past a quiz, and sometimes the "time limit exceeded" message would appear on a result slide.
- Fixed: After resuming an LMS course, learners couldn't drag the conditional seekbar on slides they already viewed.
- Fixed: On mobile devices, learners could drag the seekbar when it was supposed to be locked—either read-only or set to allow dragging after completion.
- Fixed: Learners could bypass restricted or locked navigation by rapidly, repeatedly clicking the Next button.
August 4, 2020 (Build 3.42.22792.0)
- Fixed: We fixed formatting issues with text styles on slide masters and content placeholders.
July 24, 2020 (Build 3.42.22734.0)
- Fixed: Course completion triggers stopped working in the latest updates.
July 23, 2020 (Build 3.42.22724.0)
- Fixed: Font sizes changed unexpectedly in some projects with custom slide sizes.
July 21, 2020 (Build 3.42.22691.0)
- New: Use text styles to control the visual appearance of text elements, such as paragraphs and headings. You can even define two custom styles for repetitive elements, such as button labels, blockquotes, image captions, or speech bubbles.
- Fixed: Course completions and quiz scores weren't recorded in an LMS when the player was set to launch in a new window.
- Fixed: Sometimes, effect options were missing for fly-in animations. When that happened, the preview feature didn't work, and Storyline could crash.
- Fixed: The menu option to "show tooltip on hover" stopped working.
July 7, 2020 (Build 3.41.22509.0)
- Fixed: Slides could be blank when previewed or published if they had variable references that used OpenType (OTF) fonts.
- Fixed: Courses didn't load in custom iOS apps for these LMSs: Cornerstone and TalentLMS.
- Fixed: The
FORCED_COMMIT_TIME variable in the
scormdriver.js file defaulted to a value of
0 in the previous update, preventing courses from sending "keep alive" messages to an LMS to keep learners' sessions from timing out. This update restores the default value of
60000, which sends a "keep alive" message to the LMS every 60 seconds.
June 23, 2020 (Build 3.41.22450.0)
- Enhanced: Interactive markers are now fully keyboard-accessible. Learn more.
- Enhanced: Take advantage of all the latest accessibility enhancements added in Storyline 360 when you publish courses to Review 360. Learn more.
- Enhanced: We listened to your feedback and improved keyboard navigation for the slide controls. Now you can use the Tab key to access the play/pause button, the seekbar, and the replay button individually.
- Enhanced: View Tin Can API (xAPI) courses on your local computer before you upload them to your LMS. Details here.
- Enhanced: We added support for hardware graphics acceleration to pave the way for 360° image interactions, which are in development.
- Fixed: Scrolling panels weren't keyboard-accessible, and screen readers didn't announce disabled states for player navigation buttons.
- Fixed: Screen recordings kept capturing data when the recorder was paused.
- Fixed: We fixed some LMS reporting issues, including multiple-choice responses that appeared in SCORM 2004 reports with a prefix of
urn:scormdriver and essay responses that weren't submitted with Tin Can API results.
- Fixed: In some cases, the search feature worked inconsistently. In others, learners could use the search feature to jump to unvisited slides when menu navigation was restricted or locked.
- Fixed: When courses with all player controls turned off were viewed on mobile devices, content shifted to the right side of the screen, and videos didn't fill the screen.
- Fixed: Sometimes a line appeared across videos in the Storyline 360 editor.
- Fixed: When pasting text from an external source, the original formatting remained intact when "Keep Text Only" was selected, and if you were using the classic trigger workflow, Storyline 360 could crash.
May 19, 2020 (Build 3.40.22208.0)
- New: When you use the modern player style, learners can use the zoom settings in desktop browsers to make slides bigger and easier to see. Learn more.
- Fixed: Screen readers stopped announcing text in interactive markers, incorrectly announced the close button for lightboxes, and sometimes repeated the course title on each slide.
- Fixed: Learners couldn't drag the seekbar when revisiting a slide even though the seekbar was set to "allow drag after completion."
- Fixed: Objects near the top of the slide weren't interactive when using the classic player with the title or topbar tabs turned off.
- Fixed: Scrolling panels immediately scrolled to the bottom when they contained data-entry fields.
- Fixed: Interactive objects, such as data-entry fields and videos with player controls, stopped working or disappeared when they were hidden from accessibility tools.
- Fixed: Slide content didn't fill the screen on mobile devices in portrait mode when menus and controls were turned off in the modern player, and interactive objects weren't always clickable on mobile devices in landscape mode.
- Fixed: When a slide had multiple slider interactions, the following slide wouldn't load.
May 5, 2020 (Build 3.39.22088.0)
- Fixed: A 404 error occurred in some LMSs when learners exited a course.
- Fixed: Storyline 360 could behave erratically or crash when using a non-English interface.
April 21, 2020 (Build 3.39.21985.0)
- New: Publish Storyline 360 courses to cmi5—the newest LMS standard.
- Enhanced: Storyline 360 now publishes Tin Can API (xAPI) courses using version 1.0.2 of the LMS standard.
- Fixed: Closed captions from multiple layers could display simultaneously, and audio/video content that was duplicated on multiple slides with different captions resulted in the wrong captions being shown.
- Fixed: We fixed several player issues, including timers that didn't stop on result slides, searches and replay buttons that didn't always work, resume dialog buttons that were hidden, and slide objects that weren't clickable when the player controls were turned off.
- Fixed: An error occurred when uploading team slides if a quiz question had more than 255 characters.
- Fixed: Slides wouldn't load when revisiting them if they had data-entry fields.
- Fixed: Grouped objects with random bars, shape, wheel, or wipe animations flickered or shifted when previewed or published.
April 7, 2020 (Build 3.38.21861.0)
- Enhanced: We updated the embedded version of Chromium to 79.0.3945.130 in Storyline 360.
March 24, 2020 (Build 3.38.21779.0)
- New: Create unique interactions and give learners new ways to navigate by using triggers that jump to different times or cue points on the timeline. Learn more.
- New: Save time by previewing multiple scenes or slides when you don’t need to preview the entire course. Details here.
- Enhanced: When you publish, Storyline 360 lets you know if your project has any HTML5-only features.
- Fixed: Player features stopped working in Internet Explorer when they were disabled on one slide and enabled on the next. And in some cases, logos appeared stretched in Internet Explorer.
- Fixed: Audio and video content continued to play after switching to another browser tab.
- Fixed: A white border appeared around a Storyline block in Rise 360 when the block had a custom background color.
- Fixed: After importing a result slide into a question bank, a project wouldn't load when previewed or published. Question banks can't contain result slides, so that import loophole has been fixed.
- Fixed: When the base layer had a data-entry field, interactive objects on other layers weren't clickable and learners could still edit the field on the base layer.
- Fixed: After publishing each scene in a Storyline project as a separate Review 360 item, publishing a new version of one of the scenes sometimes updated the wrong Review 360 item.
- Fixed: Player tab names were truncated or cut off when the sidebar was initially collapsed.
- Fixed: Closed captions carried over from one slide to the next when the slide advanced automatically. Revisiting the slide also duplicated the closed captions.
- Fixed: Storyline crashed when copying and pasting radio buttons and check boxes.
March 3, 2020 (Build 3.37.21614.0)
- Fixed: A project could freeze or hang while publishing to a video file.
- Fixed: Learners couldn't click or drag the seekbar on the built-in video controls.
- Fixed: Data-entry fields stopped responding to on-click triggers.
February 18, 2020 (Build 3.37.21453.0)
- Enhanced: We redesigned the optional launch page for published courses so it’s accessible to screen readers.
- Enhanced: We listened to your feedback and empowered screen reader users to control their e-learning experience. Screen readers no longer auto-read slide content. Now, a screen reader announces the title of each slide and then waits for the learner to explore the content.
- Fixed: We fixed a few issues with data-entry fields. Learners had to click a data-entry field before they could type a response. In some cases, they couldn't select the default text before typing a response. Text didn't always scroll when it was longer than the data-entry field.
- Fixed: Closed captions didn't change size after adjusting the modern player font size, nor did they display consistently when the
Player.DisplayCaptions variable was set to true.
- Fixed: Screen readers didn't always read alt text in object states. In some cases, screen readers repeated quiz questions or read animated paragraphs out of sequence.
- Fixed: Learners couldn't scroll through web objects on iPhones or iPads.
- Fixed: Korean text was distorted or garbled when previewed or published.
- Fixed: Hotspots didn't work consistently when the sidebar and topbar player features were turned off.
- Fixed: A result slide displayed a score of
Infinity% after exiting and resuming the quiz when the slides were configured to reset to their initial states.
- Fixed: Objects on top of videos or screen recordings disappeared in zoom regions.
January 28, 2020 (Build 3.36.21289.0)
- Fixed: Rise 360 lessons jumped immediately to Storyline blocks where the first slide had a layer. To fix the problem, install the latest Storyline 360 update, republish your course to Review 360, and reinsert your Storyline block in Rise 360.
January 21, 2020 (Build 3.36.21213.0)
- New: Navigation just got a whole lot easier for screen reader users. Learners can use a broader range of screen readers on more web browsers and devices. Learners can also take advantage of more screen reader features and improved player controls. Learn more about the accessible player.
- Enhanced: Slide content is more accessible. Text is treated as normal document text by screen readers. Objects are correctly identified to assistive technologies. Hotspots and drop-down lists are now keyboard-accessible. And more!
- Enhanced: Select multiple triggers and edit them all at once. Easily copy, paste, move, disable, and delete triggers in bulk. Details here.
- Enhanced: Save time by copying conditions from one trigger and pasting them on another. Learn how.
- Enhanced: Select multiple variables and then copy, paste, or delete them at the same time. Use Ctrl+click, Shift+click, and Ctrl+A to multi-select variables.
- Fixed: Radio buttons shifted or shook when clicked in published output.
- Fixed: Numeric-entry questions could be evaluated incorrectly even when learners entered the right answer.
- Fixed: Adjusted number variables with decimal values reset to their default values when resuming a course.
- Fixed: Layers appeared blank when the base layer had certain icons from Content Library 360 or SVG images from PowerPoint.
- Fixed: The player properties window would disappear unexpectedly.
- Fixed: A project file could corrupt after importing step-by-step screen recordings from another project.
December 19, 2019 (Build 3.35.21017.0)
- Fixed: Project files wouldn't always open in Storyline 360 build 3.35.20995.0.
December 17, 2019 (Build 3.35.20995.0)
- Enhanced: Storyline 360 has been upgraded to run on Microsoft Visual C++ 2019 Redistributable, which automatically installs with this update.
- Enhanced: We added support for Google Chrome 80, which no longer allows synchronous XHR when a web page is closed. This update ensures your AICC courses always communicate a final status to an LMS.
- Enhanced: Storyline 360 now lists the specific features that prevent a file from opening. You must have this update or later installed to see the new incompatibility details.
- Fixed: The same media file used on multiple slides was duplicated in the published output.
- Fixed: Step-by-step screen recordings could become blurry after clicking a slide or during mouse animations.
November 19, 2019 (Build 3.34.20804.0)
- Enhanced: Change the order of conditions in the new trigger wizard without deleting and recreating them. Simply drag them up and down the list.
- Enhanced: Customize your player settings faster. The player properties window opens quickly, and the player preview instantly refreshes as you make selections.
- Fixed: Audio wouldn't play and sliders didn't always work on iPadOS 13 devices.
- Fixed: Web objects were misaligned, the wrong size, or didn't scale properly in published output.
- Fixed: After editing the alt text for an object, JAWS screen readers would read the original alt text instead.
- Fixed: Zoom regions with a transition speed of "very slow" didn't zoom in completely.
- Fixed: The copying and pasting features in the Storyline editor sometimes stopped working.
- Fixed: Videos would start over when clicking the seekbar.
- Fixed: In some cases, a course wouldn't preview or publish when it had videos with closed captions.
November 5, 2019 (Build 3.33.20697.0)
- Fixed: Content Library 360 search results wouldn't always load for authors behind a proxy server.
- Fixed: Variable references in right-to-left text displayed in the reverse order.
- Fixed: The option to trigger hyperlinks "when the mouse hovers over" was missing in the new trigger workflow.
October 29, 2019 (Build 3.33.20625.0)
- New: Easily manage triggers and work faster with the new, more intuitive triggers panel and workflow. Edit everything in the triggers panel with convenient drop-down lists and group triggers by event so they’re easier to find. You can even disable individual triggers to troubleshoot interactions and try out different options. The trigger wizard prefills fields with common choices, supports keyboard navigation, and adds conditions without opening extra windows. Details here.
- Enhanced: Preserve the original quality of your MP3 audio files by turning off compression in Storyline 360. Uncompressed MP3 files retain their stereo format in your published output.
- Enhanced: Audio now publishes at a higher sample rate of 44,100 Hz so your e-learning courses sound better than ever.
- Fixed: Step-by-step screen recordings could flicker when transitioning between slides.
- Fixed: When you previewed the slide stage using the timeline controls and then paused the playback, a video on the slide would briefly show its first frame before switching back to the current frame on the timeline.
- Fixed: Images were blurry when their shapes were changed or they were used as shape fills.
- Fixed: Feedback layers wouldn't display on sequence drag-and-drop and matching drop-down questions when the "Hide objects on base layer" property was enabled.
September 24, 2019 (Build 3.32.20313.0)
- Enhanced: You'll now see an HTML5 preview in the player properties windows. It no longer relies on Flash. And that means Storyline 360 is officially Flash-free. You can still publish Flash output, but the Flash Player isn’t required to use Storyline 360. Learn more.
- Fixed: Animations couldn't be removed from multiple objects all at once.
- Fixed: In Rise 360 courses, a white line appeared around Storyline blocks that had custom background colors.
- Fixed: Text disappeared from lists with justified alignment.
- Fixed: Variable references with Arabic text didn't always display in a right-to-left orientation.
August 20, 2019 (Build 3.31.19951.0)
- Enhanced: Quickly create a series of states for an image by importing multiple pictures all at once. Learn more.
- Enhanced: On the Slides tab, we changed the name of the Basic Layouts button to New Slide and added the ability to insert slides with a single click. Click the top half of the button to quickly add a new slide with the same layout as the current slide. Or, click the bottom half of the button to choose from a list of basic layouts.
- Fixed: White lines or borders could appear around slides in published content.
- Fixed: Clicking a custom section header in the menu didn't jump to the first slide in that section.
- Fixed: Previewing a course could be slow or choppy.
- Fixed: Hyperlinks were unreadable when hovering over them in text boxes that animated by paragraph.
July 23, 2019 (Build 3.30.19518.0)
- Enhanced: Create glossaries easily. Import terms and definitions from a CSV file. Export them to a CSV file so you can reuse them in other projects. And quickly edit them in your player properties without opening a separate window—just click a term or definition and start typing. Learn more.
- Enhanced: Add slides to your course with a single click. Use the New Slide button or the Ctrl+M shortcut to quickly add a new slide with the same layout as the current slide.
- Fixed: Text overlapped in the triggers panel, making it difficult to read.
- Fixed: The eyedropper tool wouldn't always select your chosen color when using multiple monitors with different DPI settings.
- Fixed: In SCORM 2004 output, the
imsmanifest.xml file had an HTML-encoded line feed character—
—that caused an error in some LMSs.
- Fixed: A result slide that merged other quiz result slides calculated the final score incorrectly and displayed
- Fixed: Feedback layers wouldn't display on sequence drop-down and matching drag-and-drop questions when the "Hide objects on base layer" property was enabled.
- Fixed: Audio played inconsistently or skipped in some versions of Safari 12 on macOS Mojave.
- Fixed: HTML5-only courses with logos sometimes had unnecessary SWF (Flash) files in the published output.
- Fixed: Paragraph spacing on slide masters was incorrect after changing the project's slide size.
June 18, 2019 (Build 3.29.19305.0)
- Enhanced: Build courses faster. Feedback masters now have theme previews so you can quickly see how your feedback layouts look when applied to different design themes in your course. Learn more.
- Enhanced: If a project becomes corrupt, Storyline lets you know if there's a working version in your temp files and makes it easy for you to recover. Details here.
- Fixed: Storyline no longer publishes a tincan.xml file for HTML5-only output.
- Fixed: Animated objects could be blurry in Google Chrome.
- Fixed: When you formatted text on a feedback master, those changes didn't always carry over to slide layers in your course.
- Fixed: Right-to-left text could be out of sequence after importing a translation file.
- Fixed: The spacebar keyboard shortcut started playing the timeline preview but wouldn't pause it.
May 28, 2019 (Build 3.28.18944.0)
- Enhanced: Now you'll see an HTML5 preview of your slide when you click the play button in the timeline panel. Timeline previews no longer rely on Flash.
- Fixed: Screen recordings could be blurry when inserted as view mode step-by-step slides.
- Fixed: Text appeared to be hyperlinked after importing a translation file.
- Fixed: Numeric-entry fields displayed default values of zero after renaming their underlying variables. They should remain blank until learners enter values.
- Fixed: Some accented characters in closed caption files became question marks in Storyline courses.
- Fixed: Keyboard navigation didn't always work properly when retaking or reviewing a quiz.
May 6, 2019 (Build 3.27.18822.0)
- Fixed: Some project files wouldn't save after installing the previous update. We're sorry about that! Thank you for reporting the issue and helping us fix it quickly.
May 6, 2019 (Build 3.27.18751.0)
- New: Easily add slide numbers to your course so learners can track their progress. Exclude slides that you don’t need to count. Details here.
- Enhanced: Use the media library to add alternate text to assets in your project and manage closed captions for videos and audio clips.
- Enhanced: Add private notes to media library assets so they're easier to find. Use notes to add keywords, attribution details, design instructions, and more.
- Enhanced: Rename characters and poses in the media library so they're organized and easily searchable.
- Enhanced: Now you can import multiple Content Library 360 assets into the media library at the same time.
- Enhanced: Variables are easier to find and manage. We redesigned the variables window with separate tabs for variables you create and those that are built-in. And there's a search field that filters the list as you type.
- Enhanced: Text variables now support these HTML formatting tags:
<font color="#xxxxxx">. Learn more.
- Enhanced: SVG images on PowerPoint slides import into Storyline 360 as native shapes. You can customize their fill colors, line styles, and shape effects. Details here.
- Enhanced: Storyline's text-to-speech feature now has an Arabic voice, Zeina.
- Fixed: The current frame of a video on the slide stage didn't always update when moving the playhead on the timeline.
- Fixed: Videos started over when revisiting slides even if they were set to resume saved states.
- Fixed: When using the modern player, zoom regions could be off center, and the bottom of slides could be cut off on iPhones in landscape mode.
- Fixed: The search feature on the player didn't find text on layers, markers, or question bank slides.
- Fixed: In some cases, Storyline 360 displayed this error when saving a project: "The project file could not be saved. GDI+ could not load image from file."
- Fixed: Courses reported Passed or Failed to Articulate Online when authors selected a reporting status of Complete/Incomplete.
- Fixed: Learners couldn't close the correct/incorrect banner on question slides during quiz review, and courses sometimes locked up when reviewing or retrying question bank quizzes.
- Fixed: Layers might display in the wrong order after triggering a lightbox to appear.
- Fixed: GIFs in object states didn't always animate, and some GIFs had purple dots in published output.
April 11, 2019 (Build 3.26.18601.0)
- Fixed: Question draw settings, such as slide locking and shuffling, could reset to defaults after closing and reopening a project file.
March 21, 2019 (Build 3.26.18364.0)
- Fixed: Text and images could be blurry when viewing a course in Google Chrome or Safari.
- Fixed: Data-entry fields didn't always accept values from virtual keyboards on mobile devices.
- Fixed: When using the modern player, a blank space could appear below the published course, creating an unnecessary scroll bar, and keyboard navigation didn't always work after resuming the course.
- Fixed: Publishing a project as a video failed when there was an exit course trigger on a slide less than five seconds long.
- Fixed: Some animated GIFs had purple outlines in published output.
- Fixed: The first drag item in a drag-and-drop interaction could disappear when answer choices were shuffled.
February 26, 2019 (Build 3.25.18088.0)
- Fixed: Audio tracks from multiple layers could play simultaneously, even when the layers weren't open.
February 19, 2019 (Build 3.25.18009.0)
- Enhanced: Rename images, audio clips, and videos in the media library so they're organized and easily searchable. When you rename an asset, it updates throughout your project.
- Enhanced: We added support for Google Chrome 72 and Safari 12.0.3. If objects disappear when viewing a course in these browsers, install the latest Storyline 360 update and republish your course.
- Fixed: A course could freeze or lock up when retrying a quiz from a question bank.
- Fixed: A course could shrink when resumed on an Android phone because the browser chrome was showing.
- Fixed: Authors couldn't change the click sounds for mouse cursors in simulations.
January 22, 2019 (Build 3.24.17733.0)
- New: Build courses faster. Manage all the assets for your project in one place with the media library. Easily add, remove, replace, reuse, and export images, characters, audio clips, and videos. See every slide and layer where an asset is used and jump to each location instantly. You can even edit assets with third-party apps and save your changes directly to Storyline.
- Enhanced: The option to publish to Articulate 360 is now called Review 360, so it's clear that you're publishing courses to collect feedback from stakeholders in the Review 360 web app. The publishing process is the same; only the name has changed.
- Enhanced: It's easier to add variable references to table cells. You no longer have to manually type them in your table. You can add references from the Insert tab on the Storyline ribbon.
- Enhanced: The default value for new true/false variables is false. Since it's the most common starting value, you can create interactions faster.
- Enhanced: We added support for the latest autoplay changes in Google Chrome 71+, so learners see a play button when they launch or resume a course that has audio or video on the first slide.
- Fixed: Storyline could crash when adding a reset results trigger to a quiz result slide.
- Fixed: Videos started over when learners clicked or dragged the video playbar in web, LMS, and Review 360 output.
- Fixed: Triggering a state change when the learner's mouse hovered over an object wouldn't always "restore on mouse leave."
- Fixed: Slides could shift up or down in a published course when player navigation features were enabled on some slides and disabled on others.
- Fixed: In a course with restricted navigation, the next button was disabled when revisiting slides that advanced automatically. It should be enabled in this scenario.
December 27, 2018 (Build 3.23.17522.0)
- Fixed: Some text labels in the Storyline editor weren't localized when using an interface language other than English.
December 18, 2018 (Build 3.23.17480.0)
- New: Help learners improve their knowledge by letting them review and retry only the questions they get wrong, so they don’t have to repeat the questions they get right. Details here.
- Enhanced: Storyline's text-to-speech feature introduces Mia, our first Mexican Spanish voice.
- Fixed: We fixed some modern player issues, including blank space below slides that resulted in unnecessary scroll bars, transitions that caused slides to appear outside the slide stage, and bars that cut off the tops of slides on Android devices.
- Fixed: Storyline could generate an error report when previewing or publishing a project that had radio buttons grouped with other objects.
- Fixed: In drag-and-drop interactions, drag items didn't always move with your mouse or stay where you dropped them.
- Fixed: Incorrect feedback could appear in try-mode and test-mode screen recordings when your browser was zoomed in or didn't fill the screen.
- Fixed: Key-press triggers wouldn't hide layers on quiz slides, and next buttons didn't always work during quiz review.
- Fixed: In some cases, closed captions were missing when audio or video was on a layer.
November 27, 2018 (Build 3.22.17236.0)
- New: Easily install a previous version of Storyline 360 when there's a design change or new feature that you're not ready to use. Learn more.
- New: Not ready to install a new software update? Snooze notifications for a day, a week, or until the next update is available. Details here.
- New: Admins who have been assigned to a user seat can now delete and restore all of their team's Storyline 360 team slides.
- Enhanced: Storyline's text-to-speech feature has a new Castilian Spanish voice (Lucia) and a new Italian voice (Bianca).
- Fixed: The "drag up for fullscreen" hint wouldn't disappear on iPhones when all the player features were turned off in Storyline.
- Fixed: On mobile devices, the on-screen keyboard wouldn't always appear when tapping a text-entry field. In some cases, the keyboard would appear briefly, then disappear.
- Fixed: Closed captions disappeared when a slide was paused, and sometimes they disappeared or overlapped when replaying a slide.
- Fixed: After clicking the "Show/Hide All" icon to hide all the objects on a slide, a grouped object wouldn't reappear when clicking the "Show/Hide" icon for the grouped object.
- Fixed: Sometimes multiple states for a character would display at the same time when revisiting a slide.
- Fixed: When you renamed variables and then imported slides with those variables into another Storyline project, the variables reverted to their old names.
- Fixed: A SCORM 2004 course using either Passed/Incomplete or Passed/Failed reporting options wouldn't resume after meeting the completion requirement.
October 30, 2018 (Build 3.21.17083.0)
- New: Use the conditional seekbar in the modern player to prevent learners from skipping ahead until they've completed a slide. The seekbar is locked the first time learners view the slide. After that, they can drag the seekbar back and forth.
- Enhanced: Storyline's text-to-speech feature now has a Mandarin Chinese voice, Zhiyu.
- Enhanced: Content Library 360 videos can now be edited with Storyline's built-in video editor.
- Fixed: Closed captions sometimes disappeared when using the classic player.
- Fixed: Text with variable references could have the wrong formatting, such as size, color, or line spacing. In some cases, a variable reference was missing from the published course.
- Fixed: Learners had to press the Enter key twice to submit data-entry field responses and advance to the next slide in HTML5 output.
- Fixed: Topbar tabs were missing when the sidebar was collapsed in the modern player.
September 18, 2018 (Build 3.20.16814.0)
- Fixed: Storyline crashed or closed unexpectedly for some users. We're so sorry for the frustration this caused. Thank you for helping us fix it!
- Fixed: When publishing projects as videos, audio could get out of sync or have reduced quality.
- Fixed: Videos wouldn't loop when designed to do so, and the volume slider stopped working for videos.
- Fixed: Learners might not see correct and incorrect responses during quiz review, and completion and success statuses might be wrong in an LMS when a final result slide tracked multiple quizzes.
- Fixed: A slide might be missing when previewed or published if it had a text box with a shape effect, such as soft edges.
- Fixed: Slides notes could be the wrong color when a course had more than one slide master.
- Fixed: In some LMSs, courses using the modern player could get cut off or pushed off the right edge of iPads.
August 21, 2018 (Build 3.19.16600.0)
- Enhanced: Help improve Articulate 360 desktop products by sending usage data to Articulate or opt out by changing your privacy preference.
- Enhanced: Storyline 360 now supports Hindi text-to-speech conversion. Choose Aditi from the Indian English voice selector. Aditi is bilingual, speaking Hindi and English fluently.
- Fixed: Modern text would sometimes become invisible in the Storyline editor, but would still show when previewed or published. Invisibility might be a cool superpower, but it's not cool when you're building an e-learning course. We're sorry about that!
- Fixed: Sometimes, right-to-left text was backward or reversed, and bullet points moved to the left of text.
- Fixed: Drag-and-drop questions weren't always evaluated correctly, and drag items weren't precisely centered in drop targets.
- Fixed: If a layer appeared while learners were tabbing through objects on a slide, the yellow focus indicator jumped back to the first object on the slide.
- Fixed: Sometimes, recent edits were missing after saving, closing, and reopening a project file.
- Fixed: Publishing projects as videos could take longer than expected or even crash. While video publishing can be a lengthy process, especially when there are multiple audio tracks or videos to encode, we fixed a few bugs and improved publishing performance.
August 2, 2018 (Build 3.18.16449.0)
- Fixed: Sometimes, you could hear audio from a video that wasn't actually playing, such as when a video was in an interactive marker but the marker wasn't open.
- Fixed: A video on the base layer could continue playing when another layer paused the timeline of the base layer or when a trigger should've paused the video.
July 24, 2018 (Build 3.18.16333.0)
- Fixed: In drag-and-drop interactions, drag items might return to their original positions during quiz review or be hidden by other objects.
- Fixed: Learners couldn't print slides when viewing HTML5 courses in Internet Explorer 11 or Microsoft Edge.
- Fixed: Responsive playback restrictions (landscape only or portrait only) wouldn't work in some LMSs.
- Fixed: Classic players with transparent backgrounds could have gray borders when the HTML5 output was viewed in Google Chrome.
- Fixed: Illustrated characters could flicker or blink when changing states or expressions.
- Fixed: Audio could skip when revisiting a slide or layer in HTML5 output.
- Fixed: HTML5 courses could hang or freeze when layers had any of these animations: bounce, spin, spin and grow, or swivel.
June 27, 2018 (Build 3.17.16188.0)
- Fixed: Some users couldn't preview or publish after installing a recent update. We're sorry about that!
June 22, 2018 (Build 3.17.16168.0)
- Fixed: Horizontal and vertical lines and arrows were missing when previewing a course or viewing the published output.
- Fixed: Slides could be cut off along the bottom or right side in published output.
- Fixed: Videos would sometimes play on the wrong slides in HTML5 output.
June 19, 2018 (Build 3.17.16117.0)
- Enhanced: The text-to-speech feature has a new French female voice, Léa.
- Fixed: Courses are no longer blurry when you preview them in Storyline or view the HTML5 output in Google Chrome.
- Fixed: Audio on the first slide of an HTML5 course wouldn't autoplay when viewing the published output on your local computer in Google Chrome.
- Fixed: The play button that allows courses with media on the first slide to play in Google Chrome and Safari wasn't keyboard accessible. Now learners can tab to the play button and press the spacebar or Enter key to activate it.
- Fixed: HTML5 courses with audio or video on the first slide wouldn't autoplay in Firefox.
- Fixed: When a course had lots of videos, the first 10 or so would play as expected, but additional videos wouldn't work on some Apple iOS devices.
- Fixed: In some cases, audio quality was lower than expected when publishing a project as a video file.
- Fixed: Lightboxes were off-center in Internet Explorer 11 when using the modern player.
- Fixed: There were some keyboard navigation issues, such as an incorrect tab order for objects on slide layers.
- Fixed: Another performance improvement! Storyline won't slow down when cropping and recoloring photos.
May 22, 2018 (Build 3.16.15842.0)
- New: Give desktop and mobile learners a fresh, unified experience with a modern player style that's consistent across all devices. Learn more.
- Enhanced: The variables window is now resizable so it's easier to manage lots of variables in a bigger window.
- Fixed: We improved the performance of the Storyline editor so it no longer slows down when multiple slide layers are visible at the same time.
- Fixed: Peek 360 and Replay videos became static images in Storyline projects that were published as videos.
- Fixed: The last drag item in a drag-and-drop interaction might disappear after completing the interaction in HTML5 output.
- Fixed: Engage interactions with the resume feature turned off wouldn't load in Storyline HTML5 courses.
- Fixed: Text with variable references would shrink in HTML5 output.
- Fixed: Audio would sometimes mute when dragging the seekbar in HTML5 output.
- Fixed: Zoom regions in lightbox slides could overflow the slide boundaries in HTML5 output.
- Fixed: HTML5 output would send a message to an LMS every 60 seconds to keep idle courses from timing out, regardless of the actual frequency defined in the
FORCED_COMMIT_TIME variable in the
Configuration.js file for the published output.
April 26, 2018 (Build 3.15.15581.0)
- Enhanced: We added support for Google Chrome 66. If audio stopped working in your Storyline course, install the latest update and republish. Learn more.
- Fixed: A slide layer wouldn't show in HTML5 output when base layer objects were hidden.
- Fixed: Drag items with states didn't work properly in HTML5 drag-and-drop interactions.
April 17, 2018 (Build 3.15.15453.0)
- Fixed: When publishing an LMS course, changes made to the reporting options (identifier, reporting status, etc.) weren’t always saved.
- Fixed: Storyline could become sluggish after filling shapes with pictures or the slide background.
- Fixed: We fixed some accessibility issues, including JAWS screen readers not announcing the active player tab and keyboard navigation not working with web videos.
April 2, 2018 (Build 3.14.15225.0)
- Fixed: Storyline could become sluggish or display a low memory error, especially after several hours of use. We found a memory leak and fixed the problem. We're so sorry for the frustration it caused. And thank you to everyone who reported it!
- Fixed: In some cases, HTML5 courses could get stuck or stop advancing.
- Fixed: Hover states wouldn't always work in HTML5 ouput. They might work only one time, or they might cause an object to disappear.
- Fixed: Hebrew characters could be out of sequence or spaced incorrectly in HTML5 output in Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge.
- Fixed: File names wouldn't appear when hovering over audio tracks in the timeline panel.
- Fixed: Player text labels had incorrect Czech translations.
- Fixed: Sometimes closed captions would overlap for back-to-back audio clips on a slide, and hidden characters in closed captions could cause the publishing process to fail.
March 1, 2018 (Build 3.13.15006.0)
- Fixed: Lightbox slides covered the entire course when the player was set to fill the browser in HTML5 output.
- Fixed: Audio tracks that should've played at the beginning of slides didn't always work in HTML5 output.
- Fixed: The closed captioning button was missing when a video didn't start at the beginning of the slide in HTML5 output.
- Fixed: Variable references with text formatting, such as bold or italics, could cause unexpected line breaks in HTML5 output.
February 20, 2018 (Build 3.13.14869.0)
- New: Control precisely when a course is marked complete. Use the new course completion trigger to send a status update to your LMS when learners perform a specific action or reach a certain point on the timeline.
- New: Now you can choose a tracking option for Storyline courses when you publish to Review 360. This lets you control navigation in Rise 360 lessons by requiring learners to complete Storyline blocks before moving on. Details here.
- Fixed: Projects might fail to publish to video when they had step-by-step screen recordings.
- Fixed: A course could lock up when revisiting a slide in HTML5 output.
- Fixed: States with outlines stopped working for pictures in HTML5 output.
- Fixed: An object on a layer might not display if it had an exit animation the same length as the object's duration.
- Fixed: In HTML5 output, right-click triggers displayed a context menu in some browsers, and triggers set to occur when media completed stopped working.
- Fixed: Some images would load slowly from top to bottom in HTML5 output.
- Fixed: Closed captions for audio tracks wouldn't always display when previewing or in HTML5 output.
- Fixed: Text with variable references sometimes wrapped incorrectly or displayed a "sans-serif" message in HTML5 output.
- Fixed: JAWS screen readers wouldn't always announce navigation buttons or the exit button for lightboxes.
- Fixed: We fixed some issues with lightboxes in HTML5 output, including matching questions that wouldn't work and exit buttons that were offscreen.
- Fixed: Drag items wouldn't snap to drop targets correctly in HTML5 output when answers were shuffled.
- Fixed: We fixed some quizzing issues in HTML5 output, such as scores that were sometimes miscalculated when retrying question bank quizzes and text-entry questions that were marked incorrect when answers had apostrophes.
February 1, 2018 (Build 3.12.14647.0)
- Fixed: There was an issue with states that could cause some features to fail in HTML5 output. For example, slides might not load, hover states might not work, or drag-and-drop submit buttons might be unresponsive.
January 31, 2018 (Build 3.12.14612.0)
- Fixed: After installing a recent update, questions were always marked as incorrect when answers were submitted all at once in HTML5 output.
- Fixed: Drag-and-drop interactions wouldn't work in HTML5 output when shuffling was enabled and drag items had states with text boxes.
- Fixed: Variable references were sometimes missing from HTML5 output.
January 29, 2018 (Build 3.12.14594.0)
- Fixed: Published content stored on your local computer wouldn't play in Google Chrome 64 and later.
January 23, 2018 (Build 3.12.14533.0)
- New: The new text-rendering engine for Storyline 360 allows text to flow beautifully with consistent spacing and readability on every device. And learners will always see the correct fonts for variable references and data-entry fields in HTML5 output. Learn more about modern text.
- New: Publish a Storyline 360 project as a single MP4 video file when you want to insert it into another project or upload it to a video hosting site, such as YouTube. Details here.
- Enhanced: Random number variables now accept wider ranges from 0 to 2,147,483,647.
- Fixed: HTML5 output would sometimes flicker or flash when navigating between slides.
- Fixed: Lightbox slides wouldn't always close in HTML5 output.
- Fixed: Some animations set to occur by paragraph didn't work in HTML5 output, including random bars, shape, split, wheel, and wipe.
- Fixed: Hover states didn't always work properly in HTML5 output when they had spin animations or when learners moused over several objects quickly.
- Fixed: We fixed several issues with triggers in HTML5 output, including on-click triggers that would automatically execute when using keyboard navigation to tab between objects, key-press triggers that wouldn't jump to the next slide when they were assigned to data-entry fields, and inconsistent hover triggers.
- Fixed: In HTML5 output, data-entry fields that should've had focus when slides loaded didn't immediately accept learners' input, and text-entry fields didn't always have scroll bars when learners entered more text than the fields could hold.
- Fixed: We fixed some issues with HTML5 output in Microsoft Edge, including drag-and-drop interactions that wouldn't always work properly and courses that would crash if they had text with shadow effects.
- Fixed: Drag items with states wouldn't always drop onto targets in HTML5 output.
- Fixed: Drag-and-drop questions with scrolling panels prevented learners from moving on in HTML5 output.
- Fixed: Question banks would display the same set of questions for a quiz after three attempts in HTML5 output.
- Fixed: A quiz could be scored incorrectly in HTML5 output when questions were spread across multiple scenes.
- Fixed: Accented characters in titles were replaced by question marks in SCORM output.
- Fixed: Quiz timers were the wrong color in HTML5 output.
- Fixed: Default player features that were disabled for question slides would appear during quiz review.
- Fixed: Notes wouldn't always scroll in HTML5 output on mobile devices, and the right edge of notes text could be cut off in Flash output.
- Fixed: We fixed some issues that could occur after changing the player font size, such as misaligned topbar tabs in HTML5 output and incorrectly sized closed captions in Flash output.
- Fixed: Some player features, such as the sidebar and seekbar, were missing from the player properties window when using the French, German, or Chinese interface for Storyline.
December 15, 2017 (Build 3.11.14249.0)
- Fixed: Storyline 360 stopped working on some machines. We're so sorry about that. And thank you to everyone who reported it and helped us fix it so quickly!
December 14, 2017 (Build 3.11.14192.0)
- Fixed: HTML5 output might not track properly in Articulate Online after installing the previous update. Learners could see an incomplete status after completing a course.
- Fixed: Video files couldn't be added to interactive markers.
December 12, 2017 (Build 3.11.14180.0)
- Enhanced: The text-to-speech feature now has a Korean voice (Seoyeon) and a new Indian English voice (Aditi).
- Enhanced: Since Apple no longer allows videos to autoplay by default, Safari 11 users now see a play button when they launch or resume a course with a video on the first slide. Clicking the play button allows the video to play as expected.
- Fixed: Some issues could occur when upgrading Storyline 1 and Storyline 2 projects to Storyline 360, such as blank slides or incorrect text wrapping.
- Fixed: HTML5 output was blank when previewing or publishing a course that had a text string with
\u in it.
- Fixed: Videos on different layers would sometimes play simultaneously when revisiting a slide in HTML5 output.
- Fixed: Hint captions could display at the wrong time in view-mode screen recordings in HTML5 output.
- Fixed: Freeform drag-and-drop questions could be marked correct on the second attempt in HTML5 output even when learners answered incorrectly.
- Fixed: When navigation was restricted, the next button wouldn't work for embedded Engage interactions in HTML5 output. And in some cases, an interaction wouldn't load.
- Fixed: Zoom regions wouldn't work in HTML5 output if they were less than a second in duration, and they wouldn't always return to their initial states when revisiting slides.
- Fixed: Browser chrome wouldn't disappear as expected when viewing courses on an iPhone.
- Fixed: Animated GIFs wouldn't always play at the correct speed in Storyline, and they could be distorted or discolored.
- Fixed: White lines could appear around slides and the logo might be blurry when a course scaled to fill the browser window.
- Fixed: Font sizes could change when modifying the slide size for a project and choosing not to scale the content to fit.
- Fixed: Yellow hyperlinks were unreadable when hovering over them.
November 14, 2017 (Build 3.10.13923.0)
- New: Speed up course development by converting text to speech right in Storyline 360. For example, use the text-to-speech feature to quickly narrate a course for stakeholder review or to localize narration in different languages. You can even choose the voice and language to make sure every word sounds right.
- New: Storyline 360 can generate closed captions that are automatically synchronized with text-to-speech narration. Just select the closed captioning option and Storyline will do the work for you. Learn more.
- New: It's easier than ever to size and position objects with pixel-perfect precision. As you move your mouse, you’ll get visual cues that dynamically update with the exact dimensions, coordinates, and rotation values of your objects. And with more snap points, quick-access alignment buttons, and x/y coordinates on the ribbon, you’ll format your objects faster. Details here.
- New: Create perfect motion paths, easily. Edit paths and start and end points individually or simultaneously using exact pixel positions and dimensions. And more accurately snap start and end points to one another or to other objects on the slide. Details here.
- New: Make interactions more gamelike and unpredictable with random number variables. They let you easily build math problems, present learners with randomly selected content, and add gaming elements to your courses.
- Fixed: The hover color for drag items and drop-down questions was always blue in HTML5 output, even if you customized it in your theme colors.
- Fixed: Drag-and-drop interactions wouldn't work in HTML5 output when markers were used as drag items or when drag items snapped to drop targets in a tile layout.
- Fixed: Audio might stop playing in HTML5 output when a grouped object had a hover trigger.
- Fixed: We fixed some issues with HTML5 output in Firefox, including layers that wouldn't appear and videos that wouldn't replay when revisiting slides.
- Fixed: Zoom regions wouldn't work in HTML5 output when they were set to start at the beginning of slides, and they caused test-mode screen recordings with hotspots to fail.
- Fixed: JAWS screen readers would read selected answer choices as "not checked" in HTML5 output.
- Fixed: The passing score and learner's score could be calculated incorrectly when retrying an HTML5 quiz generated from question banks.
- Fixed: Non-English characters and symbols would cause quiz data to be undefined in LMS logs and reports.
- Fixed: Text typed in data-entry fields was always top-aligned, even when it should've been middle- or bottom-aligned.
- Fixed: Web objects with transparent backgrounds had white backgrounds in Storyline.
October 12, 2017 (Build 3.9.13567.0)
- Fixed: Some shape effects stopped working in HTML5 output, including glow, reflection, and shadow.
- Fixed: A video on the first slide of a course wouldn't always play in HTML5 output.
October 6, 2017 (Build 3.9.13510.0)
- Fixed: The seekbar wasn't interactive in HTML5 output.
October 5, 2017 (Build 3.9.13488.0)
- Fixed: We fixed some quiz review issues in HTML5 output, including overlapping answers in matching drop-down questions and the Review Quiz button not working when a course was set to never resume.
- Fixed: We fixed some triggers that didn't always work correctly in HTML5 output, including triggers that execute when clicking outside an object, key-press triggers, and conditions that compare two numbers.
- Fixed: Audio continued to play in HTML5 output when switching to another browser tab, causing animations to become unsynchronized.
- Fixed: Wipe animations sequenced by paragraph didn't work as expected in HTML5 output.
- Fixed: Lots of videos in a course could cause slides to lag or lock up in HTML5 output, and they could be sized or positioned incorrectly during preview.
- Fixed: HTML5 courses tracked by the number of slides viewed with a Completed reporting status would incorrectly send a Passed status to the LMS.
- Fixed: A drag item wouldn't always drop on a target in HTML5 output unless you clicked your mouse to release it.
- Fixed: Learners couldn't swipe between slides in HTML5 output when navigation was restricted.
- Fixed: A long list of glossary items would unexpectedly scroll to the top when selecting entries in HTML5 output.
- Fixed: Special characters, such as accented letters and apostrophes, weren't displaying correctly in closed captions in Flash output.
September 14, 2017 (Build 3.8.13281.0)
- Fixed: Publishing to Word wasn't working.
September 5, 2017 (Build 3.8.13184.0)
- Fixed: Text was sometimes missing after importing a translated Word document.
August 29, 2017 (Build 3.8.13087.0)
- New: Members of your Articulate 360 Teams account can share and download slides right from Storyline 360, making it easy to collaborate on projects and maintain consistent design themes.
- New: Create and edit closed captions right in Storyline 360. Fine-tune imported captions or quickly add new ones with the help of caption placeholders that are already synced with your audio and video content.
- New: Localization just got easier. Storyline 360 now supports XLIFF 1.2 and 2.0, which work with more translation tools and give translators more information.
- Fixed: JAWS screen readers wouldn't always read text in the notes panel.
- Fixed: Flash output wouldn't play in Internet Explorer with Compatibility View enabled.
- Fixed: Sometimes Storyline would detect missing fonts when opening a project file even though the fonts were installed on the computer.
- Fixed: Quizzes weren't scored correctly when the same Content Library 360 result slide was added to a course more than once. Now Storyline asks to create a new set of variables each time you insert the same result slide, resolving the conflict.
July 19, 2017 (Build 3.7.12674.0)
- Fixed: Narration wasn't always synchronized with the audio waveform in the audio editor.
July 11, 2017 (Build 3.7.12582.0)
- Enhanced: When you restrict or lock navigation, you can now choose whether it impacts just the course menu or also disables the Previous and Next buttons. And you can use triggers to override restricted navigation for individual slides. Learn more.
- Enhanced: Courses published for CD are now HTML5-only, so learners no longer need Flash plugins.
- Fixed: The Enter key wouldn't work in courses published for CD.
- Fixed: Each slide that was imported from another Storyline project had its own separate slide master. Now all slides from the same imported project belong to a single slide master.
- Fixed: Sometimes, variables would be missing when importing one Storyline project into another.
- Fixed: Screen readers wouldn't read alternate text in object states.
- Fixed: An HTML5 course wouldn't always resume as expected in an LMS.
- Fixed: A result slide that combines the scores of other result slides wouldn't report a score to an LMS in HTML5 output.
- Fixed: The Print Results button wouldn't work in HTML5 output when the quiz included an essay question.
- Fixed: HTML5 output would blink or flicker between slides in Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge.
- Fixed: Storyline would crash when previewing or publishing projects with Adobe Type 1 PostScript fonts.
June 1, 2017 (Build 3.6.11979.0)
- Fixed: Some courses wouldn't preview or publish after installing the previous update. We're sorry about that. Thank you to everyone who reported it and helped us fix it so quickly!
- Fixed: Storyline would crash when publishing on some computers with non-English system locales.
May 31, 2017 (Build 3.6.11965.0)
- New: Structure text with tables. Tables are a valuable accessibility feature, communicating to screen readers how data is organized and providing context for learners.
- Fixed: Each slide that was imported from Content Library 360 would have its own separate slide master in Storyline. Now all slides from the same Content Library 360 template belong to a single slide master in Storyline.
- Fixed: Storyline would crash when publishing on a computer with a Chinese, Japanese, or Korean system locale.
- Fixed: The Escape (ESC) key wouldn't exit preview mode.
- Fixed: Learners couldn't revisit slides they already viewed after resuming an HTML5 course with restricted navigation.
- Fixed: The Notes tab on the course player would always be visible in HTML5 output, even when it was disabled for individual slides.
- Fixed: The player color for Tab >> Selected Text wouldn't work in HTML5 output.
April 18, 2017 (Build 3.5.11153.0)
- Enhanced: We added metadata to Content Library 360 media search results, including image dimensions, video resolution, and video duration.
- Fixed: Some Content Library 360 icons were blank or invisible after inserting them into Storyline.
- Fixed: We fixed several fonts that displayed incorrectly in HTML5 output, including Poppin, Kalam, and Adobe Typekit fonts. And we improved character spacing for Century Gothic font so it's more consistent in published output.
- Fixed: The right edge of notes text could be cut off in HTML5 output.
- Fixed: Text colors could change when upgrading a Storyline 2 project to Storyline 360.
- Fixed: Publishing an existing course to Articulate 360 would create a new content item in Review 360 rather than adding a newer version to the same course.
March 8, 2017 (Build 3.4.10364.0)
- Fixed: Some projects would display an Available Memory Is Low error and fail to publish.
- Fixed: Graded drag-and-drop questions wouldn't always work in HTML5 output.
- Fixed: Drag items wouldn't snap to the center of drop targets in HTML5 drag-and-drop interactions.
- Fixed: Change-state triggers for previous, next, and submit buttons wouldn't work in Flash output.
March 7, 2017 (Build 3.4.10330.0)
- New: Make your courses more accessible by importing closed captions for narration and videos. Choose a custom font for your captions so they complement your course design, and use triggers to turn them on and off when you create your own player controls.
- New: We’ve added 6+ million photographs, illustrations, icons, and videos to Content Library 360, which you can access right from Storyline 360. All assets are royalty-free with no attribution required.
- Enhanced: We improved the published quality of Word documents.
- Fixed: An error would occur when using drop-down lists in Storyline 360 on a Windows 7 computer with a Windows Classic theme.
- Fixed: Notes formatting wouldn't display in HTML5 output.
- Fixed: The published font size in HTML5 output might be wrong when using the French, German, or Spanish interface in Storyline 360.
- Fixed: HTML5 output wouldn't display a custom report.html file for printed quiz results.
- Fixed: We fixed various issues when importing PowerPoint and Presenter content into Storyline 360, including incorrect slide backgrounds and character crops.
- Fixed: We fixed various issues when editing videos in Storyline 360 and viewing videos in published output.
- Fixed: We fixed various issues where triggers wouldn't execute, fired at the wrong time, or prevented published output from playing.
January 26, 2017 (Build 3.3.9986.0)
- New: Apple iOS 10 allows videos to play inline on iPhones, so we added this functionality to Storyline 360. Just publish your course and it’ll automatically work. (Older versions of iOS force videos to fill the screen on iPhones.)
- New: The Content Library 360 template browser now includes quiz slides (and a quizzing filter) so you can find all slide types in a single window.
- New: The Prata font gets installed with this update.
- Enhanced: The video editor now uses HTML5 preview rather than Flash. We’re one step closer to eliminating the Flash Player requirement for Storyline 360.
- Fixed: The fullscreen button was missing from Vimeo videos in Flash output in some LMSs.
- Fixed: Flash output would display in a small window in some AICC and SCORM LMSs.
- Fixed: HTML5 output wouldn’t launch when published for Tin Can API and hosted with a Wax LRS endpoint.
- Fixed: We fixed various issues that could occur when closing and resuming HTML5 courses in LMSs, such as sending the wrong status or quiz data.
- Fixed: We fixed various issues with accented characters (è, ö, etc.) in variable names and attached resources.
- Fixed: We fixed various font issues, including theme fonts that wouldn't apply to slides correctly and alternate glyphs being substituted for characters in some fonts.
- Fixed: Some text would be replaced by emojis in HTML5 output when the hosting server wasn’t configured for WOFF files.
- Fixed: Check boxes couldn’t be selected in HTML5 output on Android devices.
- Fixed: The Enter key wouldn’t submit freeform text-entry questions in HTML5 output on mobile devices.
- Fixed: Using the format painter on Content Library 360 characters could add the wrong characters to states.
- Fixed: We fixed various issues when importing Engage interactions.
December 16, 2016 (Build 3.2.9664.0)
- Fixed: AICC output wouldn't always track properly in an LMS.
- Fixed: In some HTML5 quizzes, answer choices weren't reported to the LMS.
December 12, 2016 (Build 3.2.9598.0)
- New: Slide Layer Enhancements. Now you can have the properties window open as you switch between slide layers, saving time and clicks. You can also set properties for and duplicate multiple layers at the same time.
- New: Replace Fonts. Quickly replace one font with another throughout your project. Choose the font you want to replace and the font you want to use instead, and Storyline 360 will swap out every instance of the font for you.
- New: Detect Missing Fonts. When you open an existing project, Storyline 360 will let you know if any fonts used in the project are missing from your computer.
- New: New Dial Style. We’ve added another built-in dial style to give you even more options for creating beautiful dial interactions easily.
- Fixed: We fixed various errors that could occur in Storyline 360 when clicking Replay in the preview window, undocking the Scenes panel, switching views while editing a layer name, clicking the play button in the timeline, and adding states to markers.
- Fixed: The Edit in Engage button wouldn't work.
- Fixed: In HTML5 output, some fonts would appear extra bold and player font sizes over 100% would cause text to be misaligned.
- Fixed: Audio wouldn't resume after closing a lightbox slide in HTML5 output.
- Fixed: In some cases, a course would stop working or become unresponsive in HTML5 output.
- Fixed: The message to rotate your device would display in portrait mode in HTML5 output when it shouldn't.
- Fixed: These question types weren't reporting to LMSs properly in HTML5 output: Essay, Fill in the Blank, Likert Scale, Numeric.
- Fixed: Numbers weren't rounding to two decimal places in HTML5 output like they should've been.
- Fixed: Variable references were misplaced in HTML5 output in Firefox.
November 30, 2016 (Build 3.1.9448.0)
- Enhanced: Storyline 360 no longer requires Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable or Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable. See the updated tech specs.
- Fixed: Content Library 360 dialogs would use too much system memory.
- Fixed: Storyline would sometimes crash if multiple instances were opened at the same time.
- Fixed: Storyline couldn't import an Engage interaction if Engage ‘13 was installed.
- Fixed: We fixed various issues with slide masters, including paragraph spacing that wasn't retained and missing right-click context menus.
- Fixed: We fixed various issues with design, color, and font themes.
- Fixed: Bullets and numbered lists wouldn't display correctly in HTML5 output when they included a variable reference.
- Fixed: Video seekbar wouldn't progress in HTML5 output in Internet Explorer 10.
- Fixed: The touchscreen keyboard would remain visible on iPads and iPhones after typing text and advancing to another slide.
- Fixed: Duplicating a slide with a zoom region would change the background on the original slide
- Fixed: Radio buttons would be formatted incorrectly when adding answer choices to question slides.
November 9, 2016 (Build 3.0.9239.0)
- New: Storyline 360 launched! Build any course you can imagine for any device imaginable.