Articulate Engage's streamlined user interface lets you add and format text with ease. Here's how:
Select an item in the Steps panel on the left side of the screen, then use the center panel to enter text for it. Type your text, or copy and paste it from another source. It couldn't be easier.
The first tab on the Engage ribbon (which corresponds to the type of interaction you're building) includes the most common text formatting features, such as:
- Text size
- Text attributes (bold, italics, and underline)
- Text color
- Bullets and numbered lists
An expanded set of text formatting options is located on the Format Text tab. In addition to the formatting features above, you'll also find the following:
- Clipboard options
- Text attributes (strikethrough, subscript, superscript, and case)
- Text highlight color
- Line spacing
Here are some tips for working with Engage's font tools:
- Hover over any button in the ribbon to see its function.
- You can apply formatting to a word, phrase, paragraph, or an entire step. To quickly select a word, just double-click it. To quickly select a paragraph, triple-click any word in the paragraph.
- Click the Clear Formatting button to return the selected text to its default attributes.
To make formatting quicker, use the following shortcuts for common text-editing tasks:
|Ctrl+Shift+>||Increase font size|
|Ctrl+Shift+<||Decrease font size|
Find even more keyboard shortcuts here.
Changing Fonts for an Entire Interaction
To change the font for an entire interaction all at once, do the following:
- Go to the first tab on the ribbon, and click Interaction Properties.
- Select the Colors and Effects tab on the left edge of the window.
- Use the Title font and Content font drop-downs to choose your fonts.
- The title font is used for the title of your interaction and the title of each individual step.
- The content font is used for the details of each step in your interaction.
Changing Text Colors for an Entire Interaction
To change the text color used throughout an entire interaction all at once, select a different color scheme, edit an existing color scheme, or create a new one. Go to the first tab on the ribbon, and click Colors. Then do any of the following:
- Left-click any color scheme to apply it to your interaction.
- Right-click any custom color scheme to Edit it.
- Choose Create New Theme Colors at the bottom of the list to create a new scheme.
To learn more about working with color schemes in Engage, see this tutorial.
You Might Also Want to Explore:
Using the Spell Checker
Animation Style, Media Border Style, Sounds, and Fonts