Publish your Articulate Engage interactions to Microsoft Word for others to review, translate, or print. It's easy!
Step 1: Enter Title, Description, and Folder Location
- On the Engage ribbon, click the Publish button. (Or, click the small triangle under the Preview button and select Publish.)
- When the Publish window appears, click the Word tab.
- Check the text that appears in the Title field, and customize it if you'd like. This text defaults to the type of interaction you're building. If you change it, your new text will appear at the top of your Word document when you publish (but your actual file name won't change).
- The ellipsis button (...) next to the Title field lets you open an additional window where you can enter optional project information. Note that this information is only used if you later republish your interaction for the web and your learners view it on an iPad with the Articulate Mobile Player app. For more details on how this additional project info is used, see Publishing a Standalone Interaction for Web
- In the Description field, enter optional, descriptive text about your interaction. This text won't appear in your Word document, but it's used in your published output if you later republish for a different format (Web or LMS).
- In the Folder field, indicate the place on your computer where you want Engage to create your published output. Click the ellipsis button (...) to browse to a specific location. When you publish, Engage will create a new folder in that spot that'll contain your Word document.
Step 2: Choose the Color Scheme
In the Properties section of the Publish window, you can change the theme colors applied to your interaction. Click the link if you want to switch themes or make other last-minute adjustments to the colors and effects in your interaction. (More about theme colors.)
Step 3: Publish
When you're finished setting your options on the Publish window, click the Publish button. Engage creates your Word document in the folder you specified. You'll see the following Publish Successful dialog.
- View Document: This opens your Word document in Microsoft Word, so you can view and edit it as needed.
- Email: This opens up a new email message with a zipped copy of your Word document attached. This makes it easy to share your content with a subject matter expert, reviewer, or translator.
- FTP: This opens a window where you can enter your FTP credentials and transfer your output to your website.
- ZIP: This creates a zipped file of your output in the location you specified on the Publish window.
- Open Folder: This opens a file viewer where you can see the Word document that was just created. You can move, rename, or copy it.