Is your Rise 360 course just a blank screen when you launch it in Internet Explorer? Here's how to fix it when:
You're Viewing the Course Online in a Web Server or LMS
First, be sure you're using Internet Explorer 11. Rise 360 isn't supported in older versions.
If Compatibility View is enabled in Internet Explorer 11, your Rise 360 course won't work. Compatibility View mimics Internet Explorer 7, which doesn't have support for HTML5 content. Disable Compatibility View to see your course. Here are two methods:
Option 1: Change Your Compatibility View Settings
- Click the gear icon in Internet Explorer (or click the Tools menu if it's visible), then choose Compatibility View settings.
- If the website where your Rise 360 course is hosted is listed in Compatibility View, select it and click Remove.
- Also, if you're using an intranet, such as SharePoint, to host your Rise 360 course, temporarily uncheck Display intranet sites in Compatibility View.
- Click Close, then launch your Rise 360 course again. If the page is still blank, try the following method.
Option 2: Use the Developer Tools to Switch Document Modes
- Click the gear icon in Internet Explorer (or click the Tools menu if it's visible), then choose Developer Tools. They'll open across the bottom of your browser.
- On the right side of the developer bar, you should see an icon that looks like a computer monitor and a smartphone with a number beside it. When you hover over the icon, a tooltip will say Document mode (with a number). Click the icon to display a list of Internet Explorer version numbers.
- Select version 11, then launch your Rise 360 course again.
If your Rise 360 course is still blank in Internet Explorer after trying the methods above to fix it, let us know.
You're Viewing the Course Offline on Your Local Computer
Internet Explorer blocks local playback of Rise 360 courses altogether. You'll just see a blank page. To use Internet Explorer with Rise 360, you'll need to upload your course to a web server or LMS.