Here's how to add annotations to slides that don't have audio in Articulate Presenter.
- In PowerPoint, select the slide that you want to annotate.
- Since it doesn't have audio, go to the Articulate tab on the PowerPoint ribbon, and click Sync Animations.
- When the animations window appears, mark the box to Show Annotation Tools.
- Before you start, choose how your annotations should display.
Tip: You can switch back and forth between these options while annotating.
- Show One: This option only lets one annotation display at at time. When an annotation appears on the slide, the previous annotation disappears.
- Show All: This option lets multiple annotations remain on the slide at the same time.
- Choose one of the annotation Shapes, and use the Style options to customize its Fill, Outline, and Effects. (If you want to see how the shape will look, click anywhere on the slide before you begin annotating. To remove your practice shapes, click Clear All.)Tip: To reset annotation shapes and styles to their default options, right-click any of the annotation shapes and choose Reset Annotations.
- Click Start Sync when you're ready to begin.
- If the slide includes animations, click Next Animation to trigger each animation.At any point while the slide is playing, click the screen where you want an annotation to appear. Continue adding annotations while the slide plays. If you need to switch to a different shape or style, click the Pause button.Make your selections, and click Resume to continue adding annotations.Click Clear All at any time to remove all annotations that are currently displayed on the screen. (This won't delete any annotations. It'll simply hide them at the point when you clicked the button.)
- When you're finished annotating the slide, click Stop Sync.
- Use the Play/Pause and Stop buttons to preview the slide.
- If you're satisfied with the annotations but need to sync your animations again, use the Annotation drop-down to select Don't Annotate. Then click Start Sync.
- If you're satisfied with the animations but need to redo the annotations, click Save & Close. Then add annotations using the method described in Adding Annotations when Slides Already Have Audio; it'll now work even though the slide doesn't have audio.
- If you need to redo the annotations and animations, use the Annotation drop-down to select Re-annotate. Then click Start Sync.
- If you need to redo the annotations and the slide doesn't have any animations, just click Start Sync to begin again.
- When you're done, click Save & Close to return to PowerPoint, or use the slide selector to annotate a different slide.
You Might Also Want to Explore:
Adding Annotations When Slides Already Have Audio
Adding Annotations and Recording Narration at the Same Time