Articulate Presenter supports numerous video file formats. SWF, FLV, and MP4 are natively supported. Other formats will be automatically converted to MP4.
Important: Videos will be automatically synchronized with the slide and controlled by the timeline (although you can provide a separate playbar for videos). If you want to insert an interactive SWF file that plays independently of the slide and isn't controlled by the timeline, insert it as a Flash file.
Here’s how to insert a video from a file:
- Go to the Articulate tab on the PowerPoint ribbon, and click Video (or click the Video drop-down arrow and choose Add Slide Video From File).
- Browse to the video you want to use and click Open. The following file formats are natively supported in Presenter:
And the following file formats will be converted to MP4 when they're imported into Presenter:
- When the Add Slide Video From File window appears, configure the following options:
- Show video: Decide whether you want the video to appear on the slide or in a separate browser window.
- Play video: Choose to play the video automatically or only when learners click it.
- Show video controls: Mark this box if you want to add a playbar to the video, so learners can play, pause, rewind, and fast forward it.
- Start video: Decide when you want the video to play. By default, it'll play as soon as learners reach the slide. If you'd prefer to wait a certain number of seconds before playing the video, enter a number in the field provided.
- Do not compress video at publish: Mark this box if you don't want the video to be compressed in your published output. It may increase video quality, but it'll also result in larger files. (This feature is only available for MP4 videos created with baseline, main, or high profiles.)
- Alternate Text: Do your learners use screen readers? The Alternate Text field can help with that. Just enter text that describes the video, and screen readers will read it to your learners.
- To preview your video, use the play/pause and stop buttons below the thumbnail image.
- To switch to a different video, click the blue file name below the thumbnail image, and browse to another video file.
- Click OK when you've finished making selections.
You Might Also Want to Explore:
Adding Flash Files
Adding a Video from a Website
Adding a Video from a Webcam
Adding a Presenter Panel Video
Editing a Video
Editing Video Properties