Articulate Presenter makes it easy to embed videos that are hosted on popular websites like Screenr and Vimeo.
Note: As of May 2015, Google no longer allows YouTube videos to be embedded in this manner; however, YouTube videos in existing courses will continue to work. You can still add YouTube videos to new projects as web objects, which are supported in Flash, HTML5, and Articulate Mobile Player output.
- Go to the Articulate tab on the PowerPoint ribbon, click the Video drop-down arrow, and choose Add Slide Video From Website.
- Copy the video embed code from the hosting website, and paste it into the Insert Video From Website box.
- Click Insert.
- When the Add Slide Video From Web window appears, configure the following options:
- Show video: Decide whether you want the video to appear on the slide or in a separate browser window.
- Play video: Choose to play the video automatically or only when learners click it.
- Show video controls: This option is grayed out for website videos.
- Start video: Decide when you want the video to play. By default, it'll play as soon as learners reach the slide. If you'd prefer to wait a certain number of seconds before playing the video, enter a number in the field provided.
- To preview your video, use the play/pause and stop buttons below the thumbnail image.
- To edit the embed code, click the blue text below the thumbnail image.
- Click OK when you've finished making selections.
You Might Also Want to Explore:
Adding a Video from a File
Adding a Video from a Webcam
Adding a Presenter Panel Video
Editing a Video
Editing Video Properties
Adding Flash Files