In PowerPoint 2013, slide dimensions default to a widescreen 16:9 aspect ratio. In earlier versions of PowerPoint, slides default to a standard 4:3 aspect ratio.
The good news is that Articulate Presenter supports custom slide sizes, so you're free to use any size you want. Here's how to change your presentation size:
- First, do one of the following, depending on your version of PowerPoint:
- PowerPoint 2013: Go to the Design tab on the PowerPoint ribbon, click Slide Size, and choose Custom Slide Size.
- PowerPoint 2010: Go to the Design tab on the PowerPoint ribbon, and click Page Setup.
- PowerPoint 2007: Go to the Design tab on the PowerPoint ribbon, and click Page Setup.
- Use the following options to adjust the size and orientation of your presentation:
- Slides sized for: Choose a predefined size from the drop-down list.
- Width: Enter a specific width, or use the arrows to adjust the value.
- Height: Enter a specific height, or use the arrows to adjust the value.
- Number slides from: This item doesn't affect your Presenter course.
- Orientation—Slides: Choose either Portrait or Landscape. (This option will automatically change if you adjust the Width and Height values.)
- Orientation—Notes, Handouts & Outline: This item doesn't affect your Presenter course.
- Click OK.
The overall size of your published output will be slightly larger than the dimensions you choose for the presentation size. That's because the player (the interface that surrounds your slides) adds some width and height. Depending on the features you choose, the player adds up to 260 pixels to the width and up to 118 pixels to the height. To learn how to customize your course player, see this tutorial.
Important: It's best to change your presentation size before you add any content. Otherwise, you may need to resize or rearrange objects in your presentation to accommodate its new size.