Articulate Presenter's recording features make it super easy to narrate your course. Here's how:
Preparing Your Narration Script
If you'd like to read from a prepared script while recording, enter the appropriate text into the PowerPoint notes pane for the slides you plan to narrate.
You can show or hide these notes while you're recording. See the next section for details.
Setting Recording Options
Here are some options you can set before recording narration:
- Go to the Articulate tab on the PowerPoint ribbon, and click Options.
- Select the Other tab on the left side of the window.
- Set the following options:
- Show notes pane on narration window: Mark this box if you want to use the text from the PowerPoint notes pane as a narration script while you're recording.
- Record narration for one slide at a time: Mark this box if you want to record narration one slide at a time. Uncheck it if you'd prefer to record narration for multiple slides without stopping.
- Launch Record Narration in full screen mode on large monitors: Mark this box if you want the Record Narration window to fill your screen. If you uncheck it, the Record Narration window will lock to the right side of your primary monitor, and it'll only take up a portion of your screen.
- Click OK.
Tip: See this tutorial to learn more about Presenter Options.
To record narration, do the following:
- In PowerPoint, select the slide you want to narrate.
- Go to the Articulate tab on the PowerPoint ribbon, and click Record Narration.
- If you'd like to add annotations while you're recording narration, mark the box to Show Annotation Tools, and see Adding Annotations and Recording Narration at the Same Time.
- Click Start Recording, and begin speaking into your microphone.
- If the slide contains animations, click Next Animation each time you want to trigger an animation as you're recording. Presenter shows you how many animations are remaining.
- When you're finished recording, click Stop Recording.
- Use the Play/Pause and Stop buttons to preview the slide.
- If you need to start over, click Start Recording again.
- If you need to edit what you just recorded and would prefer not to start all over, click Save & Close, and see Editing Audio.
- When you're done, click Save & Close to return to PowerPoint, or use the slide selector to record narration for a different slide.
You Might Also Want to Explore:
Splitting a Single Audio File Across Multiple Slides