These FAQs will help you determine when to publish Engage 360 interactions for Tin Can API (also known as Experience API or xAPI), how to publish, and where to host your published content.
Should I Publish for Tin Can API?
If your LMS supports Tin Can API, you can absolutely publish for Tin Can API. It's a great option for tracking learners' progress. You'll need to check with your LMS provider to see if Tin Can API support is available. If your LMS provider doesn't yet support it, we recommend urging them to do so. Our white paper on Tin Can API implementation provides helpful information for your LMS provider.
Where Should Tin Can API Content Be Hosted, in the LMS or an External Server?
Since Engage 360 publishes HTML5-only content, the location of the published output won't matter. You can host it on the same server as your LMS or a separate server. If you host content on a separate server, you'll need to modify the Launch URL when publishing. Here's how:
- In Engage, click Publish on the ribbon.
- Select the LMS option on the left edge of the publishing window.
- From the LMS drop-down list at the bottom of the window, select Tin Can API.
- Click the Reporting and Tracking button.
- In the Launch URL field, type the full URL to the interaction.html file where it'll be hosted on the external server.
- Click OK, and complete the publishing process.
- Zip the published output.
- Upload the zipped version of the published content to your LMS.
- Upload the unzipped version to your external server.
Which Version of Tin Can API Does Engage 360 Use?
Engage 360 publishes content to Tin Can API version 1.0.