Articulate Quizmaker’s web object feature gives you a versatile way to leverage web-based resources by embedding them into your quiz, whether those resources are online or stored on your local computer. Web objects are a powerful way to enhance quizzes with web-based applications, games, videos, reference material, and more.
To add a web object, do the following:
- In Slide View, go to the Insert tab and select Web Object.The following Insert Web Object window will open.
- Depending on whether your web content is currently online or is located on your local computer, do one of the following:
- If your web content is online: Type the URL of the appropriate web page into the Address field.
- If your web content is on your local computer: Click the Browse button (looks like an open folder). Then navigate to the folder that contains your web content and click OK. (Note: There must be a file called index.htm or index.html in the folder you select, and any supporting files that are necessary for your web content to function must be in the same folder.)
- You can click the Test Link button to make sure your web content launches the way you expect.
- Next, decide how you want the web content to display. Choose either Display in slide or Display in a new browser window.
- Mark the Load Web Object Automatically box if you want your web content to load without any interaction from learners. Or, uncheck the box if you want your web content to load only when learners click it.
Tip: When Load Web Object Automatically isn't marked, it can be helpful to give your web object placeholder a meaningful image, so your learners will know what it's for. To do so, right-click the web object placeholder and select Change Picture. Then browse to the image you want to use and click Open. If you change your mind about the image you added, right-click on it and select Reset Picture.
- If you choose to display your web content in a new browser window (see above), you get to decide how the new window will look.
- Use the Browser Controls drop-down to specify which controls the new window will have. Select Default if the new window should have the same controls as the parent browser window. Or, choose No browser controls if you'd prefer that the new browser window not have any controls.
- Use the Window Size drop-down to select a size. If you select Custom as the window size, Width and Height fields will appear, allowing you to specify the exact dimensions in pixels.
- Click OK when you've finished making your selections.
- If your web content is located on the Internet or an intranet, learners will need the proper security permissions to access it. Otherwise, the web object won't work for them.
- Web objects can't be viewed during preview. To view web objects in your course, publish for the Web or LMS, and upload the published output to a server. Or, publish for CD if you need to view the content without uploading it to a server.
You Might Also Want to Explore:
Editing Web Objects