After you've inserted a shape, caption, or text box onto a slide in Articulate Quizmaker, there are several formatting tools you can use to customize it.
Here's how to access Quizmaker's formatting tools:
- In Slide View, select the shape, caption, or text box you want to customize.
- Select the Format tab on the Quizmaker ribbon, and use any of the following tools.
Tip: Another way to adjust the properties of an object is to right-click it, then choose Format Picture or Size and Position.
For shapes and captions, click the Change Shape drop-down, and choose a shape to switch to a different one.
You can also add new shapes and text boxes to your slide from this menu.
Applying Borders and Effects
- Shape Styles: The preset shape styles in Quizmaker are a handy way to quickly change the appearance of an object. Click one of the thumbnails in the Shape Styles drop-down to apply it to the selected object.
- Shape Fill: Click this option to change the fill color of the selected object.
- If you see a color you like, click it to apply it to the object. The colors available come from your design theme.
- To remove the fill from the object, choose No Fill.
- To fill the object with a color other than those shown, choose More Fill Colors.
- To fill the object with a picture, choose Picture. Then browse to the image you want to use and click Open.
- To apply a gradient fill to the object, scroll to Gradient, and then choose one of the preset options or click More Gradients.
- To apply a texture fill, choose Texture, and then choose one of the preset options or click More Textures.
- Shape Outline: Click this option to change the outline of the selected object.
- If you see a color you like, click it to apply it to the object's outline. The colors choices come from your design theme.
- To remove the outline from the object, choose No Outline.
- To format the outline with a color other than those shown, choose More Outline Colors.
- To change the outline's thickness, choose Weight.
- To change the line style to something other than a solid line, choose Dashes.
- Shape Effects: Click this option to apply a shadow, reflection, glow, or soft edge to the selected object.
- To apply a shadow, scroll to Shadow and pick from the options available. For even more options, click Shadow Options at the bottom of the list.
- To apply a reflection, scroll to Reflection and pick from the options available.
- To apply a glow, scroll to Glow and click one of the color choices. The glow colors come from your design theme.
- To apply soft edges, scroll to Soft Edges and choose a size.
Arranging, Aligning, and Rotating Objects
- Bring Forward/Send Backward: Click these options to move the object forward or backward one layer on your slide. Or, to send the object to the very front or back, click the small arrow next to one of the choices and select Bring to Front or Send to Back.
Tip: Another way to change the layer order of objects is to use the timeline. All the elements on your slide will be listed in the timeline. They'll be in the same order in which they're layered on your slide—in other words, the topmost items in the list are the items that are closest to the front, or top, layer of the slide. To change the layering order, just select an item on the timeline and drag it up or down in the list.
- Align: Use this option to align objects with one another or with the slide itself.
- Click Align and choose either Align to Slide or Align to Selected Objects. (If you've selected just one object rather than multiple objects, only Align to Slide will be available.)
- Next, click Align again and choose one of the alignment options (left, center, right, top, middle, or bottom). Or, to space items evenly, choose Distribute Horizontally or Distribute Vertically.
- Group: Grouping is a handy feature that lets you move, resize, rotate, flip, or change other attributes of several objects all at the same time—as if they were a single object. To group objects, Shift+click two or more objects, and then choose Group to group them. If you later wish to ungroup them, select the grouped object and choose Group > Ungroup. To regroup items that were previously part of a group, choose Group > Regroup.
- Rotate: Click this option to rotate the selected object. Choose one of the options listed, or click More Rotation Options to enter a specific rotation value. If you choose More Rotation Options, you'll see the following window where you can enter a specific value in the Rotation field, or use the arrows to increase or decrease the value. Click Close when you're done.
Use the Height and Width fields to enter specific height and width values (in pixels) for the selected object.
You can also quickly resize an object by dragging the sizing handles on its bounding box. Or, right-click the object and choose Size and Position.
You Might Also Want to Explore:
Customizing Text Attributes
Customizing Paragraph Attributes
Using the Format Shape or Format Picture Window
Using the Size and Position Window