Although learners must answer graded questions, Articulate Quizmaker lets you make unscored questions either required or optional.
Making Individual Questions Required or Optional
To make a survey question required or optional, do either of the following:
- In Form View, go to the Home tab, and use the Require drop-down to select User may skip or User must answer.
- In Slide View, use the Require drop-down in the Question panel (on the right side of the screen) to select User may skip or User must answer.
To make a freeform question required or optional, first make it unscored . Then follow the steps above.
Graded questions are always required.
Setting the Default Option for New Survey Questions
You can make all new survey questions default to required or optional. It'll save development time. Here's how:
- Switch to Question List View.
- Go to the Home tab, and click Quiz Properties.
- Select the Question Defaults tab on the left side of the window.
- Mark the box to Allow user to skip survey questions if you want to make new survey questions optional. Uncheck the box to make new survey questions required.
- Click OK.
Tip: Existing questions in your quiz won't be affected when you change the default setting, so it's a good idea to set your question defaults before adding any slides to your quiz. You can override the default setting for any question by changing the Require value for that particular question (see above).
You Might Also Want to Explore:
Setting Quiz Defaults