In Articulate Quizmaker, Normal View is where you build the slides for your quiz. You can edit a slide's design, content, animations, timings, and more. While the Question List gives you a bird's-eye view of your entire quiz, Normal View lets you dig into the details of each slide.
Opening Normal View
To switch to Normal View, select a slide in your question list, and do any of the following.
- Press F3.
- Double-click the slide.
- Click the Slide icon in the lower right corner of the screen.
- Go to the View tab, and click Normal.
In Normal View, question slides have two sub-views.
- Form View is for editing question properties.
- Slide View is for adding content and designing how questions look.
Non-question slides don't have a Form View. Non-question slides include blank slides, result slides, slide masters, and feedback masters. For these slides, Normal View and Slide View are synonymous.
Switching to Different Slides or Question Groups
To jump to a different slide within the same question group, click one of the slide thumbnails in the left navigation pane. To jump to a different question group, use the Groups selector at the top of the pane.
Keeping Multiple Slides Open
Sometimes it's helpful to keep several slides open in Normal View at the same time. Each slide appears as a separate tab across the top of your slide workspace. To quickly switch between slides that are already open in Normal View, just click the tab for the slide you want to edit.
To open multiple slides in Normal View, click the Questions tab, and double-click any slide in your list. It'll open as another tab in Normal View. Repeat for as many slides as you'd like.
To close a slide, click the X at the right end of its tab, or press Ctrl+W. (This won't delete the slide; it just removes it from view until you open it again.)
To close all open slides except the one you're currently working on, right-click its tab, and choose Close Other Tabs.
To rename a slide in Normal View, do any of the following:
- Double-click its tab to open it for editing. Type a new name, and press Enter on your keyboard.
- Double-click its name in the left navigation pane. Type a new name, and press Enter on your keyboard.
- Right-click its slide thumbnail in the left navigation pane. Type a new name, and press Enter on your keyboard.
- Change the question text on the slide itself (or the title text for blank slides).
To learn more about building slides, see the following Quizmaker tutorials: