Rise 360: How to Use Tabs Blocks
Article Last Updated
This article applies to:
Tabs blocks let you explore related concepts in media-rich interactions. They’re perfect for showcasing items one-by-one.
- Insert a Tabs Block
- Add Content and New Items
- Switch Between Tabs and Accordion Block Types (Optional)
- Customize the Block Settings
Step 1: Insert a Tabs Block
- Open a Rise 360 course, then edit an existing lesson or create a new one.
- Click All Blocks in the blocks shortcut bar or the insert block icon that appears when you mouse-over a boundary between blocks.
- From the sidebar that appears, choose the Interactive category in the block library, then select Tabs.
Step 2: Add Content and New Items
- Mouse-over an existing tabs block and click the Edit button that appears.
- The sidebar opens with the Content tab selected by default. You can modify the title and text of each tab item. Click the camera icon to add images, multimedia, or web content. Once added, you can change the alignment for and adjust the crop on images using the image alignment toolbar.
- Click the Add Item button to add additional tab items. There’s no limit to the number of items you can add! Keep in mind that, if you add more than four tabs, learners have to scroll left and right to see all the tabs.
- To reorder your tabs, mouse-over a tab and grab the handle that appears. Drag the tab up and down to reorder the list.
- Click Close in the upper right corner to return to your block lesson.
Step 3: Switch Between Tabs and Accordion Block Types (Optional)
Think your tabs would look better as accordion items? Then change it up! Mouse-over an existing tabs block, then click the Tabs button that appears and select Accordion from the menu.
That’s it! Reverse the process if you want to switch back.
Step 4: Customize the Block Settings
Click here to learn how to modify how the block itself displays.
In addition to the standard options on the Settings tab, you can also disable zoom on images in your tabs.