Tabs blocks let you explore related concepts in media-rich interactions. They’re perfect for showcasing items one-by-one.
- Insert a Tabs Block
- Add Content and New Items
- Switch Between Tabs and Accordion Block Types (Optional)
- Customize the Block Settings
Step 1: Insert a Tabs Block
- Open a Rise course, then edit an existing blocks lesson or create a new one.
- Click the plus sign that appears when you mouse-over a boundary between blocks.
- From the sidebar that appears, choose the Interactive category in the block library, then select Tabs.
Step 2: Add Content and New Items
- Mouse-over an existing tabs block and click the Edit button that appears.
- The sidebar opens with the Content tab selected by default. You can modify the title and text of each tab item. Click the camera icon to add images, multimedia, or web content.
- Click the Add Item button to add additional tab items. There’s no limit to the number of items you can add! Keep in mind that, if you add more than four tabs, learners have to scroll left and right to see all the tabs.
- Click Close in the upper right corner to return to your block lesson.
Step 3: Switch Between Tabs and Accordion Block Types (Optional)
Think your tabs would look better as accordion items? Then change it up! Mouse-over an existing tabs block, then click the Tabs button that appears and select Accordion from the menu.
That’s it! Reverse the process if you want to switch back.
Step 4: Customize the Block Settings
In addition to customizing the content, you can modify how the block itself displays.
- Mouse-over an existing labeled graphic block and click the Edit button that appears.
- Select the Settings tab in the sidebar.
- You can disable the zoom feature on images in your tabs.
- Increase or decrease the top and bottom padding using the appropriate drop-down menus.
- Add a background color by entering the hex code or manually selecting a color.
- Click the Close icon in the upper right corner of the sidebar to return to your block lesson.