Storyline gives you three ways to add audio to your stories:
- Importing audio files
- Recording narration
- Importing slides from other content sources
We will review each method below.
Importing Audio Files
Navigate to the slide where you want to import audio, and follow these steps:
- Go to the Insert tab.
- Click the Sound drop-down arrow, and select Sound from File.
- Navigate to the audio file you want to insert, and click the Open button. (Note: You can hold down the CTRL key to select multiple audio files. All the audio files that you select will be inserted into the same slide.) The following file formats are supported in Storyline:
Navigate to the slide where you want to record narration, and follow these steps:
- Go to the Insert tab.
- Click the Sound drop-down arrow, and select Record Mic.
- The Record Microphone window will open. If you have a script that you want to use to help you as you record, click the Narration Script button, which reveals the text from the Notes panel for this slide.
- When you are ready to begin recording, click the Record button.
- When you have finished recording, click the Stop Recording button.
- You can review your recording by using the Play / Pause button and the Rewind button.
- If you need to record your narration again, simply click the Record button to start over. If you want to delete your narration altogether, click the Delete button.
- If you change your mind about recording narration and would prefer to import an audio file instead, click the Import Audio File button. Navigate to the audio file you want to insert, and click the Open button.
- If you want to edit your recording, click the Edit Audio button to launch the Audio Editor. For more information on using the Audio Editor, review the tutorial on Editing Sound.
- Click the Save button to add the newly recorded audio to your course. (Also, be sure to save your overall Storyline project to retain the changes you've made.)
Importing Slides from Other Content Sources
When you import slides into Storyline from PowerPoint, Quizmaker, or other Storyline projects, any audio resources from the external content will also be imported and available for editing.
You can also import Engage interactions into Storyline, and any audio contained in the interaction will also be published with your story. However, Engage audio cannot be edited in Storyline. To edit audio in your interactions, you'll need to open them in Engage. Click here to learn how.
You Might Also Want to Explore:
Using the Sound Tools