In Storyline, you can use design themes to create a consistent visual design in your course. A design theme consists of:
You can apply different design themes to different slides in your course, if you like.
To view thumbnails of the available design themes, click the Design tab on the Storyline ribbon. You can click the arrow in the lower-right of the thumbnail area to expand the list.The theme assigned to the current slide will by shown with an orange outline and will appear in the section of the list called This Project. You'll also see a section for any Custom themes you've created, and the Built-In themes that come with Storyline:
Applying and Managing Themes
To apply a theme to all of the slides in your course, left-click any theme thumbnail.
Or, right-click any thumbnail and choose any of the following options.
- Apply to Matching Slides: This applies the theme to all slides that use the same slide master as the currently selected slide. Slides that use other slide masters will remain unchanged. (You can achieve the same thing by just left-clicking the theme thumbnail.)
- Apply to All Slides: This applies the theme to all slides in your course.
- Apply Only to This Slide: This applies the theme to the currently selected slide only.
- Delete: This removes the theme from Storyline. (This option isn't available on any of the built-in Storyline themes, nor on any themes that are currently used in your course.)
- Set As Default Theme: This allows you to designate the theme as the default for new projects. If you choose this, anytime you begin a new project in Storyline, it will inherit the default theme.
Customizing the Design Theme
You can make changes to the current project's design theme by:
Saving a Custom Design Theme for Use in Other Courses
If you make some changes to the design theme (including the theme colors or theme fonts), Storyline saves those customizations within the current project. If you'd like the same design theme to be available for other projects too, do this:
- Click the Design tab .
- Click the arrow in the lower-right of the theme thumbnail area to expand the list.
- Choose Save Current Theme from the bottom of the list.
- Choose a name for your theme and click Save.
When you open a different Storyline project and click the Design tab, your customized theme will appear in the thumbnails, and you can apply it to slides in your project.
You Might Also Want to Explore:
Working with Theme Colors
Working with Theme Fonts
Using Slide Masters
Using Feedback Masters