Storyline provides tools for working with audio on the toolbar. Click once on any speaker icon at the lower left corner of the slide to reveal the Sound Tools.
Another way to reveal the Sound Tools is to click once on any audio track in the timeline.
Click the Preview button to hear the selected audio track. Click the Preview button again to stop the audio.
Another way to preview an audio track is to double-click the speaker icon. Click the speaker icon again to stop the audio.
Changing the Volume
Click the Sound Volume drop-down list to change the relative volume of your audio track.
Click the Audio Editor button on the toolbar if you need to modify your audio track. To learn how to use the Audio Editor, check out this tutorial.
Here are some additional ways to access the Audio Editor:
- Right-click the speaker icon at the lower left corner of the slide, and select Audio Editor.
- Or, right-click the audio track in the timeline, and select Audio Editor.
- Or, simply double-click the audio track in the timeline to launch the Audio Editor.
Replacing the Audio Track With Another File
If you want to replace the selected audio track with a different audio file, click the Change Sound button on the toolbar. Then browse to the audio file you wish to use, select it, and click the Open button.
You can export a copy of your audio for backup purposes or for use in another project. Here’s how:
- Click the Export Sound button on the toolbar.Or, right-click the speaker icon, and select Export Sound.Or, right-click the audio track in the timeline, and select Export Audio.
- Browse to the location where you want to save the exported audio, and assign a File Name.
- Use the Save as Type drop-down list to specify whether you want the exported audio file to be saved as an MP3 file, a WAV file, or Both WAV and MP3.
- Click the Save button to complete the export process.