Engaging courses are easy to build with Articulate Storyline. Choose from a wide variety of slide types and even import slides from other sources.
Adding New Slides
To open the Insert Slides window, do any of the following:
- Press Ctrl+M on your keyboard.
- Go to the Home tab on the ribbon and click New Slide.
- Go to the Insert tab on the ribbon and click New Slide.
- In Story View, right-click anywhere in the workspace and select New Slide.
- In Slide View, right-click anywhere in the Scenes panel and select New Slide.
When the Insert Slides window appears, click a category on the left, then choose a slide type on the right.
Here's a brief description of each category with links to detailed tutorials:
- Templates: Take advantage of templates to save time. Storyline has a library of ready-made templates for e-learning scenarios. Just select a template, then customize its content. You can add more templates to your Storyline library by downloading free templates from the Articulate community, collecting them from other course developers, or creating your own.
- Basic Layouts: Storyline has several common slide layouts for titles, text, and media. They're based on your design theme and slide masters. You can customize layouts and add new ones.
- Quizzing: Choose from a gallery of form-based questions and freeform interactions. You can also draw existing slides from question banks. To give learners feedback and track their scores, add a result slide.
- Screen Recordings: Record your screen, then insert the screencast into your course in a variety of formats. Screencasts are great for software simulations and workflow demonstrations. You can insert them as videos or as interactive step-by-step slides.
- Import: Leverage existing content by importing slides from Microsoft PowerPoint presentations, Articulate Quizmaker quizzes, Articulate Engage interactions, and other Storyline projects.