Changing your background design can have dramatic effects on the overall appearance of your course, and it's easy to do in Articulate Storyline. You can choose from several ready-made background styles or create your own.
Applying Ready-Made Backgrounds
Storyline has a gallery of ready-made background styles. (The colors are based on your theme colors.) Here's how to apply a ready-made background style to your course:
- Go to the Design tab on the ribbon and click Background Styles.
- Hover over any thumbnail to see how the background style would look if applied to the current slide.
- To apply a background to all slides in your course, just click it (or right-click and choose Apply to All Slides). To apply a background to the currently selected slide(s), right-click and choose Apply Only to This Slide.
Customizing the Background Design
Storyline gives you complete control over your background design. You can fill the background with a solid color, gradient, picture, texture, or pattern. Here’s how:
- There are two ways to open the Format Background window. Do either of the following:
- Right-click the slide and choose Format Background.
- Go to the Design tab on the ribbon, click Background Styles, and choose Format Background.
- When the Format Background window appears, choose a Fill option and set your preferences in the related fields. If you choose to fill the background with a picture or texture, use the Picture tab on the left side of the window to set additional options. (For a detailed description of each fill option, see Fill Formatting and Picture Formatting.)
- If your slide master has graphics that you don't want to include on the current slide, mark the box to Hide background graphics.
- To apply the same background design to all slides in your course, click Apply to All.
- If you change your mind about the edits you've made, click Reset Background.
- When you're finished, click Close.
You Might Also Want to Explore:
Using Slide Masters