Need to combine projects or reuse slides from another Articulate Storyline course? It's easy! Just import them.
Importing Slides from Another Project
You can import specific slides, complete scenes, or entire courses into Storyline. Here's how:
- First, do any of the following:
- Go to the File tab on the Storyline ribbon, scroll to Import, and click Storyline.
- Go to the Home tab on the ribbon, click New Slide, select Import on the left, and choose Storyline.
- Go to the Insert tab on the ribbon, click New Slide, select Import on the left, and choose Storyline.
- Browse to the Storyline file you want to import and click Open.
- If you opened the wrong Storyline file or want to select a different one, click the ellipsis button (...) in the upper right corner to browse for another file.
- Storyline will display thumbnail images for all the slides in the project file, divided into scenes. Select the slides you want to import.
- By default, all slides will be imported unless you specify otherwise. You can tell which slides are selected by their blue outline.
- To select or deselect a slide, just click it. The blue outline will either appear or disappear to indicate its status.
- You can also use the Select All and None hyperlinks in the upper right corner to quickly select or deselect all the slides at once.
- To select or deselect an entire scene and all the slides it contains, click the scene name.
- To make navigation a little easier, you can also collapse and expand scenes by clicking the triangle to the left of each scene name. (Note that collapsing and expanding scenes doesn't impact whether they'll be imported or not.)
- Use the Insert into scene drop-down list at the bottom of the window to choose where the imported slides should appear in your course.The default option, Same as imported project, creates a new scene for each scene you import and names each scene with the same name it has in the original project.
- If you select New Scene, use the accompanying Scene field to give the new scene a name.
- To import the selected slides into the current scene, choose Current Scene.
- Click Import to complete the process.