Use themes to give your courses a consistent visual design. A theme includes:
Applying and Managing Themes
To apply an existing theme to all the slides in your course, go to the Design tab on the ribbon, click the Themes drop-down arrow, and select a thumbnail image.
Tips for working with themes:
- You can use more than one theme in a single course.
- Themes that have been applied to a course appear in the Themes drop-down in the section called This Project. You'll also see sections for Custom themes and Built-In themes.
- The theme assigned to the current slide has a blue outline in the Themes drop-down.
- Right-click any thumbnail in the Themes drop-down to see these additional options:
- Apply to Matching Slides: This applies the theme to all slides that are based on the same slide master as the current slide. Slides that are based on other slide masters will remain unchanged. (You can achieve the same thing by left-clicking the thumbnail.)
- Apply to All Slides: This applies the theme to all slides in your course.
- Apply to Selected Slides: This applies the theme only to the selected slide(s).
- Delete: This removes the theme from Storyline. (This option is only available for custom themes that aren't currently in use in the open project.)
- Set as Default Theme: This makes the theme your default for new projects.
To customize a theme, see these tutorials:
Saving Custom Themes for Use in Other Courses
When you make changes to a theme (for example, colors or fonts), Storyline saves the changes in the current project. To use the modified theme in other projects, do this:
- Go to the Design tab on the ribbon and click the Themes drop-down.
- Choose Save Current Theme at the bottom of the list.
- Enter a name for your custom theme and click Save.
Perhaps you've customized a theme for your organization, and now you need to share it with other course developers. No problem. First, save it as a custom theme as described in the section above, then send the theme file to your colleagues. If you saved it in the default location, it'll be located in the following folder:
When you receive a custom theme file, do the following to add it to your themes gallery:
- Go to the Design tab on the Storyline ribbon and click the Themes drop-down.
- Choose Browse for Themes at the bottom of the list.
- Browse to the custom theme file and click Open.