We redesigned Articulate Storyline for speed and flexibility. Here's how to take advantage of the streamlined workflow and customizable interface.
Switching Between Story View and Slide View
Story View gives you a bird's-eye view of your course layout. It's useful for grouping slides into scenes and managing navigation. On the other hand, Slide View is where you build individual slides and layers.
Here are three ways to switch between Story View and Slide View:
- Click the view buttons in the lower right corner of the screen (beside the zoom slider).
- Go to the View tab on the ribbon, and click Story View or Slide View.
- Click the tabs just below the ribbon. The Story View tab is always visible. Additional tabs will open in Slide View as you build individual slides.
Tip: Since Storyline always opens in Story View, an easy way to quickly jump into Slide View is to double-click the slide you want to edit.
Working with the Question Editor
We've streamlined the question editor, so creating quizzes is even easier. When working with question slides, you can switch between Form View and Slide View without opening any additional windows or interrupting your workflow. Just click the Form View and Slide View buttons in the Question panel to toggle back and forth.
Undocking and Redocking Panels
Have you ever wanted to move some of Storyline's panels to another monitor so you have more room to work? Now you can. Click the title of a panel and drag it to a new location, or double-click the title to pop the panel out.
To redock a panel, click the Redock button in the panel's upper right corner.
To redock all panels at the same time, go to the View tab on the Storyline ribbon and click Redock All Windows.
Changing the Zoom Level
Get a big-picture view of your course, or zoom in for a close-up view. Here are several ways to adjust the zoom:
- Ctrl+Mouse Wheel: This is probably the easiest and quickest way to zoom in and out. Hold down the Ctrl key and scroll your mouse wheel at the same time. Scroll forward to zoom in or backward to zoom out.
- Zoom Slider: In the lower-right corner of your screen, you'll see a zoom slider. Drag it to the right to zoom in or to the left to zoom out.
- Zoom Percentage: Next to the zoom slider in the lower right corner of your screen, you'll see a zoom percentage. Click the percentage to bring up the zoom window where you can change the zoom to whatever you like. You can also access this window by going to the View tab and clicking Zoom.
- Fit to Window: To the right of the zoom slider, you'll see a small rectangular button with arrows. Click this button to make everything fit in the viewable area of your Storyline workspace.Or, go to the View tab and click Fit to Window.
Using Keyboard Shortcuts
We've added dozens of keyboard shortcuts to Storyline to help you work faster. See the complete list here.
Setting General Application Options
Use Storyline's general application options to keep your software up to date, take advantage of auto-recovery features, set your spelling/auto-correct preferences, configure proxy settings, and even change the interface language. Access these options by going to the File tab on the ribbon and choosing Storyline Options.