Quizmaker ’09 allows you to link any selected text or object to a webpage, picture, an email address, or a program.
To use the Insert or Edit Hyperlink dialog:
- Highlight or select the text or object you wish to link.
- Click the Hyperlink button to open the Insert or Edit Hyperlink dialog.
- Input or edit the text in the Text to display field (only applicable when linking text, not other objects).
- Enter the link in the Address field.
- Click the Test button to test if the address is valid.
- Click the desired radio button to specify where the hyperlink should launch:
Display in new browser window: Select this option to launch your link in a new browser window. Optionally, click the Default browser controls at default size link to change new window preferences. New Browser Window Properties include the following:
Browser controls: Select from the following options:
- No Address Bar
- No Browser Controls
Window size: Select from the following options:
- Custom, which allows you to specify Width and Height values (in pixels) of the new browser window by inputting the values or by using the up and down arrows to specify the values
Display in current browser window: Select this option to launch your link in the current browser window (same as the quiz or survey). Note that if you choose this option, a user who clicks on the link will be taken to the link, leaving the quiz or survey behind, so typically you’d only want to use this option at the end of a quiz or survey, or at a point where you’re comfortable having your users exit the quiz or survey.
- Click Save to create the hyperlink.
To edit or remove a hyperlink:
- Click on or highlight the hyperlinked text or object.
- Click the Hyperlink button.
- The Edit Hyperlink window will open and you can edit the link in the Address field, or you can remove the link by clicking the Remove Link button.
Keyboard shortcut: Press Ctrl+K to launch the Insert or Edit Hyperlink dialog.