You may find that audio or video doesn't play in mobile Safari if the following criteria are true:
- The slides in your course are set to advance automatically.
- You're not using the latest version of Storyline.
- Your iPad is using iOS 5. (Click here to determine which version of iOS you have.)
Use either of the following methods to avoid this issue:
Update Storyline and iOS
With the release of Update 2 for Storyline and iOS 6 for Apple mobile devices, mobile Safari can play audio and video on slides that advance automatically. To take advantage of this capability, do the following:
- First, download and install the latest version of Storyline from the link in your product confirmation email, or get it here.
- Republish your Storyline project.
- Then update your iPad to iOS 6 or later.
Note: The first generation iPad isn't compatible with iOS 6 or later. To play audio/video resources in mobile Safari on iPad 1, use the following option instead.
Set slides to advance By User
Because mobile Safari in iOS 5 can only play audio and video resources when they're triggered by the user, you won't be able to automatically advance slides in your course in the following scenarios:
- You're using a first generation iPad.
- Or, you're using iPad 2 or later with iOS 5.
To ensure that your audio/video resources play as expected, change the slide properties in your course so slides advance By User. Click here to learn how.