The Guestbook feature of Articulate Online allows you to prompt users viewing your content for additional details about themselves. You can also include survey-type questions by customizing the questions you ask. A Guestbook can appear in front of any content item you'd like.
If a public viewer (not private user) accesses your content, you can also leverage the Guestbook feature to collect names that will appear in your reports about your content.
To enable the Guestbook feature for a content item:
- Login to your account.
- Click the Content tab, then click the title or the Manage link for the content item to which you want to add a Guestbook.
- Click Guestbook.
- Click Change.
- Determine which data you wish to collect from your users before they can view this content item.
- Click the name or radio button of the data you'd like to collect, then choose to make the field required or optional by clicking the corresponding choice.
- If you want to create a custom field, click the Add Custom Field link at the bottom of the page, which will prompt you to enter the name of your custom field. Click Save and your custom field will be automatically created. Using the above method, you can then set your custom field to be required or optional.
- Optionally, use the field at the bottom to Customize the instructions your users will see on the guestbook.
- Click Save.
The following fields are the default fields you can choose to enable in your guestbook:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Job Title
- Address (Line 1)
- Address (Line 2)
- State / Province
- Zip / Postal Code