Are you a PowerPoint 2016 user? Click here for more info on this ActiveX error.
If ActiveX controls are disabled in Microsoft Office, you'll see this error message when adding content to a Presenter '13 course:
"The selected video could not be inserted into the presentation. Please ensure your Office ActiveX settings are compatible with Articulate Presenter."
The good news is it's easy to fix. Here's how:
- Open PowerPoint Options. In PowerPoint 2010 or later, go to the File tab on the ribbon, and click Options. In PowerPoint 2007, click the round Microsoft Office button in the upper left corner, and choose PowerPoint Options.
- Select the Trust Center tab on the left edge of the window.
- Click the Trust Center Settings button on the right side of the window.
- Select the ActiveX Settings tab on the left edge of the window that opens.
- Choose any of the ActiveX radio buttons except Disable all controls without notification.
- Click OK to close the Trust Center.
- Click OK to close PowerPoint Options.
- Close PowerPoint, and then launch it again to continue working.
Tip: The steps above will fix this issue in most cases. If the problem persists, uninstall Adobe Flash Player, then install a fresh copy of Adobe Flash Player.