Emailed results for a Quizmaker quiz will display pertinent data for each individual question on a separate line. If one or more line breaks are missing in the emailed results (so that data for two or more questions appears on the same line), this incorrect formatting can make it difficult to import the raw data into a spreadsheet or database for analysis.
If you receive emailed results with missing line breaks, it indicates that there is a setting in the end-user's email client that needs to be changed to correct this behavior for future quizzes. Here's how to correct this behavior in Microsoft Outlook:
- Open Microsoft Outlook on the end-user's computer.
- Navigate to the Tools menu, and select Options.
- On the Preferences tab, click the E-mail Options button.
- Deselect (uncheck) the "Remove extra line breaks in plain text messages" check box.
- Click OK to close the E-mail Options dialog.
- Click OK to close the Options dialog.
To correct the formatting issue in emails that you have already received, you will need to:
- Create a new text document, using a text editor such as Notepad.
- Copy and paste the text from the body of the email into the new text document.
- Manually enter line breaks at the end of the data for each question. (Note: Each line of text that corresponds to a question will begin with a date.)
- Save the modified document as a CSV file (which can then be imported into a spreadsheet or database).