You can easily embed Articulate Engage '13 interactions in Articulate Storyline 2 using the import feature. If your learners will only be viewing the default Flash output of your published course, this is the quickest way to add Engage interactions.
When you use this automatic import method, Engage interactions are embedded as Flash objects. As a result, they aren't supported in HTML5 output or the Articulate Mobile Player app. See also:
If your learners need to view HTML5 output, you may want to publish your Engage interactions separately, then insert them into Storyline as web objects. Be aware that:
- This method only works for Engage '13 interactions in HTML5 output.
- It won't work in the Articulate Mobile Player app.
- Engage '09 interactions aren't supported in either mobile format.
How to Embed Engage '13 Interactions as Web Objects
- First, publish your Engage interaction for web.
- Open the folder where the published output is located and rename interaction.html to index.html.
- In Storyline, navigate to the slide where you want to embed the interaction.
- Go to the Insert tab on the ribbon and click Web Object.
- Click the Open Folder button at the right end of the Address field.
- Browse to the folder that contains your published interaction and click OK.
- Click OK again to insert your web object.
Recommended Settings for Embedded Engage '13 Interactions
Here are some recommended settings to make your interactions blend seamlessly with Storyline: