If an Engage interaction in your published Presenter '09 presentation will not load during playback, please review the following suggestions:
Be sure that your project files are located on your local hard drive (your C: drive). Working on a network drive or a USB drive can cause erratic behavior due to latency. Project files include presentations, quizzes, interactions, and audio / video resources.
If your project files are on a network drive or USB drive, you can easily transfer them to your local hard drive in this manner:
- Create an Articulate Presenter Package.
- Copy the resulting zip file to your local hard drive.
- Fully extract the zip file to a location on your local hard drive.
Be sure to publish your presentation to a location on your local hard drive (your C: drive). Publishing to a network drive or a USB drive can cause erratic behavior due to latency.
Also, ensure that the full directory path to your publish location is fewer than 256 characters in length. Here's an example of a valid directory path for publishing:
C:\Users\John Doe\Documents\My Articulate Projects\Biology
Be sure to launch your published content in its intended location for accurate testing:
- If you plan to host your content online, upload your published presentation to a Web server, LMS, or Articulate Online.
- If you will be hosting your content offline, publish for CD, and double-click the Launch_Presentation.exe file.
Otherwise, you will encounter local security restrictions that may prevent various features of your content from working properly.
FTP Transfer Mode
If you are hosting your content on a Web server or in an LMS, ensure that your FTP client is using Binary Transfer Mode when uploading the published files to your server. Otherwise, the XML files in your published content can become corrupt and prevent proper playback.
You may also use the FTP upload feature of Articulate Presenter.
If you have file compression enabled on your hosting server, you may find that your interactions do not load as expected. For more information, see Media > Engage interactions won't load with server-side compression.
Reinsert the Interaction
If your interaction still will not load in your published presentation after following the recommendations above, do the following to reinsert your interaction:
- Open your presentation in PowerPoint.
- Navigate to Articulate > Engage Interaction.
- Select the affected interaction, and click the Remove button.
- Click the Yes button to confirm removal.
- Then click the Add Existing button.
- Browse for the interaction that you wish to insert, and click the Open button.
- Repeat steps 3-6 for additional interactions as necessary.
- Click the Close button to exit the Quizzes and Interactions dialog.
- Republish your presentation, and test it in its intended environment: Web server, LMS, Articulate Online, or CD.