If you use the Timeline in Slide View to extend the duration of a slide, any media that has been inserted into the slide will also be extended to match the duration of the slide.
In some cases, you may not want the duration of the inserted media to change even if the duration of the slide itself changes. For example, you may not want the length of a video to change.
If you do not want the duration of the inserted media to be modified when you use the Timeline to change the duration of the slide, follow these steps:
- Open the quiz slide in Slide View.
- Display the Timeline (if it is not already visible) by clicking the double-headed arrow in the lower right corner of the slide.
- Right-click the object (in the Timeline) that represents the video or other media that you want to remain unchanged, and deselect (uncheck) Show Until End.
- Repeat step 3 for any other media resources on this slide that need to maintain their duration.
- Then drag the vertical line that represents the end of the slide's timeline to change the duration of the slide.
- Click the Save & Close button.
Here is a video tutorial of this process: