Do you need to quickly and automatically populate the Articulate Mobile Player app with multiple content items? Now you can. Here's how:
- Publish your courses, then upload them to a web server or learning management system (LMS).
- Create a text file called import.txt that lists the URLs for your content folders (not the launch files, but the folders that contain the launch files). For example, your list might look something like this:
- Upload the import.txt file to your web server. You'll need the URL for its location in the next step.
- Add a hyperlink to any web page that points to the import.txt file on your web server. Use the following format (replace YourWebsite.com with the actual URL for your import.txt file):
Here's an example of an html hyperlink that's properly formatted to bulk import content:
- Lastly, instruct learners to browse to your web page (from the previous step) and click the link to automatically import courses into their Articulate Mobile Player libraries.
That's it! Here's a brief video screencast demonstrating this process:
Will bulk importing delete or overwrite existing content in my Articulate Mobile Player library?
No, existing content items won't be affected. If you started viewing a course before bulk importing content, you'll still be able to resume that course where you left off previously. If you downloaded courses for offline viewing or marked them as favorites, those settings will also remain intact.
Will bulk importing download the content files for offline viewing?
No, bulk importing only populates the Articulate Mobile Player library with content items. If learners need to view your courses offline, they'll need to download each course separately. See Downloading Content for Offline Viewing.