By default, Storyline 2 installs in the following directory, depending on your version of Microsoft Windows:
- 32-bit Windows: C:\Program Files
- 64-bit Windows: C:\Program Files (x86)
In this article, we'll explain how to:
Change the Installation Directory
To change the installation location, you'll need to install Storyline 2 from the command line. Here's how:
- Launch a command prompt.
- Windows 10: Right-click the Start button and select Command Prompt (Admin).
- Windows 8: Press Windows Key+X on your keyboard to display the Tools Menu, then select Command Prompt (Admin). Or, right-click the lower left corner of your monitor to display the Tools Menu, then select Command Prompt (Admin).
- Windows 7 or Windows Vista: Go to Start > All Programs > Accessories. Right-click Command Prompt and choose Run as administrator.
- At the command prompt, type the following line of text (replace
path with the actual file path in both instances), then press Enter on your keyboard:
For example, if the installation file is on your C: drive and you want to install it on your D: drive, the command would look like this:
"C:\storyline-2.exe" InstallFolder="D:\Articulate Storyline 2"
- The Storyline installer will launch and walk you through the installation steps, but it'll install in the folder you entered in the previous step.
Add Other Command-Line Installation Parameters
You can use any of the following parameters to further customize your Storyline installation. Just add the parameters you want to the end of the command line in step 2 above. (Don't use slashes before these parameters unless otherwise noted.)
Here's an example of how your command might look if you added all the optional parameters:
"C:\storyline-2.exe" InstallFolder="D:\Articulate Storyline 2" Culture=fr-FR AutomaticErrorReporting=false CheckUpdates=false Serial=SL2-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXX-XXXX /quiet
|This switch forces Storyline to install silently. You won't see anything happen on the screen until the Storyline icon appears on your desktop.|
|Use the culture parameter to select an interface language other than the default, which is English. Just replace |
code with one of the following codes:
|The automatic error reporting feature in Storyline is enabled by default. It sends error information to us when a problem occurs to help us improve Storyline. If you'd prefer to disable it, set this parameter to |
|The check for updates feature is enabled by default. It periodically checks for free software updates and notifies you when one is available. If you'd prefer not to check for updates, set this parameter to |
false. You must install the software while logged into the computer as the end user.
|Use the serial parameter to silently activate Storyline with your serial number. You must have an active Internet connection; your firewall must allow access to https://activation.articulate.com; and you must install/activate the software while logged into the computer as the end user. (When silently activated, the end user won't be prompted to activate, and the serial number won't show on the About box.)|