Here's how to completely hide or remove the player for a course you built in Storyline 3 or Storyline 360.
- Turn Off the Player Features
- Make the Player Border Transparent
- Save Your Chromeless Player to Reuse It in Other Courses
- Turn Off the Prev, Next, and Submit Buttons for Each Slide
Tip: Use the Modern Player in Storyline 360
In Storyline 360, you can follow the steps below for the classic player, or you can switch to the modern player and make it chromeless simply by setting the Menus & Controls option to Off. It's that easy! Learn more about the modern player.
Step 1: Turn Off the Player Features
First, turn off all the features in your player:
- Go to Home tab on the ribbon and click Player.
- Go to the Features tab on the ribbon and uncheck all the player options.
Step 2: Make the Player Border Transparent
Modify the color scheme to make the player border transparent:
- While you're in the Player Properties window, click Colors & Effects on the ribbon.
- Click the link to Show advanced color editing.
- From the Edit item drop-down, select Base >> Main Background and make it 100% transparent.
- From the Edit item drop-down list, select Base >> Main Border and make it 100% transparent.
- From the Edit item drop-down list, select Base >> Slide Background and make it 100% transparent.
Step 3: Save Your Chromeless Player to Reuse It in Other Courses
If you want to use the same chromeless player in other Storyline courses, save it as a player template:
- While you're in the Player Properties window, click Current Player and select Save as.
- Give your player a name and click OK.
- Click OK again to close the Player Properties window.
Step 4: Turn Off the Prev, Next, and Submit Buttons for Each Slide
By default, each slide in Storyline will either have Prev/Next buttons or a Submit button. You'll need to turn them off to make your player completely invisible.
- Go to Story View.
- Press Ctrl+A twice to select all the slides in your course.
- Uncheck the Prev, Next, and Submit boxes in the Slide Properties panel, and make sure all the player features are also unchecked.
Be sure to add your own custom navigation features to each slide, such as buttons, links, or hotspots.