Storyline 1: How to Insert an Articulate Engage '13 Interaction into Articulate Storyline
Article Last Updated
This article applies to:
Here's how to embed an Articulate Engage '13 interaction into Articulate Storyline as a web object:
- First, publish your Engage interaction for web.
- Open the folder where the published output is located and rename interaction.html to index.html.
- In Storyline, navigate to the slide where you want to embed the interaction.
- Go to the Insert tab on the ribbon and click Web Object.
- Click the Open Folder button at the right end of the Address field.
- Browse to the folder that contains your published interaction and click OK.
- Click OK again to insert your web object.
Recommended Settings for Embedded Engage '13 Interactions
Here are some recommended settings to make your interactions blend seamlessly with your Storyline course:
- Set the playback mode to Interactive, but uncheck the box to show previous/next buttons.
- Turn off the interaction title, volume controller, and seekbar to prevent doubling the player in Storyline.
- Make the player colors for Base>>Main Background, Main Border, and Slide Background transparent.
- Set the player to scale to fill the browser window to avoid scrollbars in your web object.
- Set the resume behavior to Always or Never.
- Don't include HTML5 or Articulate Mobile Player output when you publish.
Here's a brief video demonstration of inserting an Engage '13 interaction into a Storyline course: