Storyline lets you add files and web links to your course player as supplemental information for learners. And when you attach a file to your player, you can also link to that same file from any slide in your course. Here's how:
- First, enable the Resources tab in your player and add the file attachment to your course. See these user guides for details: Storyline 360, Storyline 3, Storyline 2
- Then, go to the slide in your course where you want to link to the file and select the text or object that you want to hyperlink.
- Go to the Insert tab on the Storyline ribbon and click Hyperlink.
- When the trigger wizard appears, select Jump to URL/file from the Action drop-down. (It's called Open URL/file in the new trigger workflow in Storyline 360.)
- In the File field, type the following text, but replace
MyFile.pdf with the name of your file and its file extension (it's case-sensitive):
- Select the event that will trigger the link from the When drop-down, such as when the User clicks.
- Click OK to save your trigger.