Here's one way to pause (or stop) the timeline of a slide in Storyline:
- Add a new layer to your slide.
- Click the Properties button (gear icon) for the new layer, and change the following properties:
- Change Allow seeking to No.
- Mark the box to Pause timeline of base layer.
- Then add a Show layer trigger on the base layer of the slide. (You may need to add a button or another object to the slide to execute the trigger.)
- And add a Hide layer trigger on the layer itself. (Again, you may need to add a button or another object to the layer to execute the trigger.)