Here's a method for reporting completion to a learning management system (LMS) on a specific slide in your Articulate Storyline course. You might use this technique if:
- Your course doesn't have a quiz.
- You don't want to track by the number of slides viewed.
This method involves adding one question slide and one result slide to your course at the place where you want completion to be reported to your LMS. These slides can be disguised so they don't look like a quiz.
- Add a new blank slide at the place in your course where you want to report completion to your LMS.
- Add a button to the slide that asks learners to "Submit results" or "Complete the course" or similar.
- Convert the slide to a Freeform Pick One question, then do the following when the question editor opens:
- Modify the default "Submit interaction" trigger to occur when learners clicks your custom button. (Learn more about triggers.)
- Add another trigger to your custom button that jumps to the next slide when clicked. (The next slide will be the result slide that you'll add in step 8 below.)
- Remove the built-in Submit button from the slide. Here's how.
- Design the rest of the slide with text, images, and other objects as you prefer.
- Add a blank result slide after the interaction slide that you just created.
- Make sure your Pick One question slide is tracked by the result slide.
- Uncheck all the boxes on the Options tab of the result slide editor.
- Design the result slide as a summary slide or another content slide with text, images, and other objects as you prefer.
- When you publish, be sure to track the course by this result slide. Course completion will be achieved and communicated to your LMS when learners reach this result slide.