How to Turn User Account Control On or Off in Windows 10 and later
Article Last Updated
This article applies to:
Here's how to turn User Account Control (UAC) on or off in Windows 10 and later:
- Type UAC in the search field on your taskbar. (If the search field isn't visible, right-click the Start button and choose Search.)
- Click Change User Account Control settings in the search results.
- Then do one of the following:
- To turn UAC off, drag the slider down to Never notify and click OK.
- To turn UAC on, drag the slider up to the desired level of security and click OK.
- You may be prompted to confirm your selection or enter an administrator password.
- Reboot your computer for the change to take effect.