How to Turn User Account Control On/Off in Windows 8
Article Last Updated
This article applies to:
Here's how to turn User Account Control (UAC) on or off in Windows 8:
- Press Windows Key+X on your keyboard to display the Tools Menu and select Control Panel. Or, right-click the lower left corner of your monitor to display the Tools Menu and select Control Panel.
- Type UAC in the search field in the upper right corner of the window.
- Click Change User Account Control settings in the search results.
- Then do one of the following:
- To turn UAC off, drag the slider down to Never notify, and click OK.
- To turn UAC on, drag the slider up to the desired level of security, and click OK.
- You may be prompted to confirm your selection or enter an administrator password.
- Reboot your computer for the change to take effect.