If you are using Kaspersky security software, you may encounter the following issues:
- Kaspersky reports that rrpTimeline.dll is a Trojan.
- The Timeline interaction is missing from the New Interaction dialog.
- Engage stops working.
The rrpTimeline.dll file is not a security threat, and we have contacted Kaspersky about this issue. The Kaspersky support team has informed us that this false positive will be corrected in their next update. Please be sure to update your Kaspersky software and anti-virus definitions to avoid this issue in the future.
If Kaspersky has already quarantined or deleted the rrpTimeline.dll file, you can restore it as described below.
How to restore rrpTimeline.dll if it has been quarantined:
If Kaspersky has blocked or quarantined the rrpTimeline.dll file, you can restore it by adding it to Kaspersky's exclusion list. Here's how:
- Right-click the Kaspersky Anti-Virus icon in your system tray, and select Kaspersky Anti-Virus from the shortcut (context) menu that appears.
- Click the Report option in the upper right corner of the Kaspersky console.
- Select the Detected Threats tab.
- Select All from the Detected Threats drop-down list.
- Click the plus (+) sign beside "Status: Detected" to reveal the list of detected threats.
- Locate the rrpTimeline.dll file in the list of detected threats, and right-click it.
- Select Add to Exclusions from the shortcut (context) menu that appears.
- When the Exclusion Rule window opens, select the check boxes for Object and Threats Type.
- Click the OK button to save your Exclusion Rule.
- Click the Close button to exit the Protection State window.
- Close the Kaspersky console.
Here is a video screencast of this process:
How to repair Engage if rrpTimeline.dll has been deleted:
If Kaspersky has deleted the rrpTimeline.dll file, you will need to repair Studio '09.
If you are prompted to locate a file during the repair process, you will need to download the executable file, and then launch it to reinstall Studio '09.