Non-Western languages may display as a series of squares while you're working in Articulate Quizmaker and Articulate Engage on a Windows XP computer. Usually, this means the files for these languages aren't installed. Follow the steps below to correct it. (Note: You'll need your Windows XP installation disc for this process.)
- Go to Start > Control Panel > Regional and Language Options.
- Select the Languages tab at the top of the window.
- Mark one or both of the following boxes, and click OK.
- Install files for complex script and right-to-left languages
- Install files for East Asian languages
- Click OK again when prompted to confirm your installation options.
- Insert your Windows XP installation disc when prompted, and click OK to continue.
- When the process is complete, click Yes to restart your computer.