Nearly every element of the Articulate Player can be customized. With so many customization options, it is useful to have a way to save and quickly apply pre-configured player options. Player Templates provide this ability.
The Player Template Builder is a simple tool for creating and editing templates that customize the Articulate Player. Templates are pre-configured player options, which provide a quick and convenient way to apply a set of customizations to the Articulate Player. Templates are very useful in corporate settings that require standardization of the Articulate Player.
To manage Player Templates:
- Select Articulate --> Player Templates to launch the Player Templates dialog.
- You’ll see the Player Template dialog open with 6 tabs, which you can use to build and customize your player templates (click any of the below links to learn more about that section of the Player Template dialog):
- Presenter ’09 comes with four pre-configured Master Templates:
- Corporate Communications
- E-Learning Course (Single-level)
- E-Learning Course (Multi-level)
- Tradeshow Loop
- To publish a presentation based on a Master Template, select from the drop-down menu your desired template. When you select a Master Template, you can click the Preview button to view what this template will look like when published. You can click the Preview button at any time while customizing a template.
- If, after you select a Master Template, you make custom configurations to the template and click the Close button, you will be prompted about whether you want to save the changes made to the template.
- If you want to save your configuration changes, click Yes and, when prompted, enter a name for the new template and click OK. This is to avoid overwriting a default Master Template.
- The File drop-down menu allows you to manage your templates with the following commands:
New: Create a new template
New from existing: Create a new template using an existing template as the base.
Save: Save changes to the current template.
Save As: Enter a new name for the current template or save a copy of it with a new name.
Delete: Delete the current template. You will be prompted to confirm.
To create a new template:
- Select New from the File drop-down menu.
- You will be prompted to enter the name for your new template as shown below:
- Enter the name for your new template and click OK.
Customize your template as desired (refer to the links at the top of this page for more details on each of the customization tabs).
- When you are finished making your customizations, click the Close button. You will be prompted with a message asking if you want to save your changes. Click Yes to save your template, or click No to cancel changes.
The above process is the same if you choose to create New from existing.
To edit an existing template:
- Click the drop-down box and select the template you would like to edit.
Modify your template as desired (refer to the links at the top of this page for more details on each of the customization tabs).
- When you are finished making your modifications, click the Close button. You will prompted with a message asking if you want to save your changes. Click Yes to save your template, or click No to cancel changes.
To delete an existing template:
- Click the drop-down box and select the template you would like to delete.
- Select Delete from the File drop-down list.
- You will be prompted with a message asking if you wish to delete this template.
- Click Yes to delete your template, or click No to cancel deleting.
Note that you cannot delete Master Templates.
To share an existing template:
Your player templates are stored in your .PPTA file, so when collaborating with other authors on a project, first make sure you’ve published your project at least once, then simply send the source .PPT or .PPTX file and the associated .PPTA file to the other authors. When others open the project, they’ll have access to the custom player template used in the project.