You may find that animations on a slide unexpectedly repeat if all the following criteria are true:
- You have inserted a presenter panel video on the slide.
- The duration of the presenter panel video is longer than the total duration of the animations on the slide.
- You press the Pause button to pause the slide.
- You press the Play button to continue playing the slide.
This is a known issue. You can workaround this behavior in the following manner:
- Add a PowerPoint shape to the slide.
- Move the new shape off the slide stage (so that it does not appear in your published presentation).
- Add an Appear animation to the shape, and ensure that it is the last animation for the slide.
- Set the animation to begin With Previous.
- Set the animation to Delay a certain number of seconds, so that the total duration of the animations on the slide exceed the duration of the presenter panel video.
Publish the presentation.