When importing PowerPoint content into Articulate Storyline, SmartArt Graphics are converted to images. As a result:
If you need to edit or search text in SmartArt Graphics, use one of the following options:
- Rebuild the SmartArt Graphic in Storyline with shapes.
- Before importing the presentation into Storyline, ungroup the SmartArt Graphic in this manner:
- In PowerPoint, select the SmartArt Graphic and press Ctrl+Shift+G to ungroup it.
- Press Ctrl+Shift+G a second time to fully ungroup it.
- Select each object that contains text in the ungrouped SmartArt Graphic. Then go to Format > Edit Shape > Change Shape, and choose a shape that matches—or is similar to—its current shape. For example, if an object looks like a rounded rectangle, change its shape to a rounded rectangle (or any shape of your choice). Although this step may seem unusual, it's necessary if you need to edit or search the text in Storyline. (Tip: For some shapes, like hexagons, you may need to adjust their margins or rotations, so the text looks right.)
- When you import the PowerPoint file, the text will be editable and searchable in Storyline.