When you're importing PowerPoint content into Articulate Storyline, tables get converted to images. As a result:
- You won't be able to edit text in tables after they've been imported.
- If you include the Search feature in your Storyline player, learners won't be able to search for text in tables.
If you need to edit or search text in tables, use one of the following options:
- Rebuild the table in Storyline with shapes. (Currently, there isn't a table feature in Storyline. If you'd like to suggest this feature, submit a feature request to our product development team.)
- Before importing the presentation into Storyline, ungroup the table in this manner:
- If you're using PowerPoint 2003, skip to step 4. If you're using PowerPoint 2007 or later, select the table, and use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+X to cut it.
- Go to the Home tab on the ribbon, click the drop-down arrow on the Paste button, and select Paste Special.
- Select Picture (Enhanced Metafile) and click OK.
- Ungroup the table: In PowerPoint 2007 and later, use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+Shift+G to ungroup. In PowerPoint 2003, right-click the table, and select Ungroup.
- You'll be asked to confirm that you want to convert the table. Click Yes.
- If you're using PowerPoint 2003, you're ready to import the presentation into Storyline. If you're using PowerPoint 2007 or later, press Ctrl+Shift+G a second time to fully ungroup the table. Then import it into Storyline.
- After importing the PowerPoint presentation into Storyline, you may need to adjust some of the text boxes, but the good news is that the text will be editable and searchable in Storyline.