If you have an Articulate Online trial or paid account and wish to publish content directly to your account, then follow the Publish to Articulate Online instructions below.
In order to Publish to Articulate Online, you must already have an existing account. You can learn more about Articulate Online, including how to create a free 30-day trial account or how to purchase a paid account, here.
To Publish for Articulate Online:
- Select Articulate --> Publish to launch the Publish dialog.
- Select the Articulate Online publish tab.
- Modify the Properties as necessary:
- In the Published title field, type the name for your published presentation or elearning course.
- In the Description field, type a description for your published presentation or elearning that will appear along with the presentation or elearning in your Articulate Online account.
- If you wish to modify the Player template, select from the drop-down menu the template you’d like to use, or click the ellipsis button (...) to manage player templates. See the section Customizing the Player Template: Overview for more details.
- If you wish to modify the Logo, select from the drop-down menu the logo you’d like to use, or click the ellipsis button (...) to manage logos. See the section Managing Presentation Options: Logos for more details.
- If you wish to modify the Presenter, select from the drop-down menu the presenter you’d like to use, or click the ellipsis button (...) to manage presenters. See the section Managing Presentation Options: Presenters for more details.
- Specify Reporting and Tracking options:
- Click the Reporting and Tracking button to determine how your presentation or elearning course’s status will be tracked and deemed complete by Articulate Online.
- Select from the drop-down under the Reporting section the option you would like Articulate Online to use in reporting the status of this presentation or elearning course. Options include the following:
- In the Tracking section, choose how you want to track progress and completion:
Track using number of slides viewed: With this option selected, your user must view a set number of the total slides in the presentation before the user is considered to have completed the course. Simply pick a number from the drop-down box next to Minimum number of slides viewed to complete.
Track Using Quiz Results: With this option selected, your user must successfully complete a Quizmaker quiz or choices Learning Game before the user is considered to have completed the course. For more information on quizzes, see Adding Quizmaker Quizzes or Adding a Learning Game. If you have inserted more than one quiz in your e-learning course or presentation, only one can be chosen for tracking purposes by Articulate Online. The Passing score shown here is that which you defined in your quiz or Learning Game.
- Specify your Articulate Online Account Information:
Account URL: The full URL of your account. The subdomain is unique to your account. The format should be http://<accountname>.articulate-online.com. If you have a professional-level account, you might also have a custom root-level domain. If so, input that here. For example, http://<accountname>.elearningserver.com.
E-mail: The administrator or publisher e-mail address/login associated with your account. Only administrators and publishers have permission to publish to Articulate Online accounts.
Password: The password you selected when you created your account, or the current password if you’ve changed it.
Save my password: Check this box to save your password for subsequent publishing to your Articulate Online account.
- When you are finished with your choices, click Publish to publish your presentation or elearning course. Next time you publish, your last-used selections will be saved.
- After you begin publishing to Articulate Online, Presenter ’09 will automatically upload your interaction to your account.
- When the upload is complete, you will have the option to Manage Content, which will launch your Web browser and display the content item you just published, or Close, which closes the Publish Success window.