Quizmaker ’09 provides simple, 1-click publishing for generating your Flash-based quiz or survey. If you’re creating a quiz or survey to distribute via CD or DVD, use the Publish for CD option.
To Publish for CD:
- Click the Publish button on the toolbar (or from the Articulate menu).
- Select the CD publish tab.
- Specify a Publish location for your quiz. The default location is in this directory: My Documents\My Articulate Projects. Click the ellipsis button (...) or type a directory path if you want to pick a different location on your computer.
- If you wish to modify the Quiz Title, click the corresponding link.
Questions: This field displays the number of questions (and any randomization and pooling you’ve enabled) in your quiz or survey.
- If you wish to modify the Passing Score, click the corresponding link. To learn more, see Managing Quiz Properties.
- If you wish to modify Player Templates, click the corresponding link. To learn more, see Managing Quizmaker ’09 Player Templates.
- If you wish to modify the Quality, click the corresponding link.
- Set your desired Compression settings:
Optimize for Web Delivery: If this quiz will be delivered on a Web server -- on either the Internet or an intranet -- then choose this as your compression setting.
Optimize for CD-ROM Delivery: If this quiz will be delivered via CD-ROM, then choose this as your compression setting.
Custom (Advanced): This option is recommended only for users with advanced knowledge of compression settings. Set the JPEG factor for Compression using the sliding percentage scale. A quality factor of 75 is the default image setting when using Optimize for Web Delivery. You can also specify an Audio bitrate using the drop-down menu. The range is between 16 kbps and 160 kbps; the default is 24 kbps (Web).
- Click OK to accept your settings or Cancel to exit without saving.
- Click Publish.
- When the Publish process is complete, you will receive the following Publish Success dialog box to choose the next step:
View Quiz: Allows you to see the published output.
Email: Automatically generates a message with the zipped output attached to send content via e-mail.
FTP: To publish directly to your server via FTP.
Provide the following information for FTP Upload (example credentials shown in italics):
Zip: To create and save a zipped version of the output.
Open Folder: Opens the published output folder.
- Choose Close when you are done or to exit without selecting one of the above options.