You can publish your Presenter ’09 presentation for viewing on a mobile device via Flash Lite 3. The installation of Presenter ’09 includes a file called mobile-player.swf, which is required for viewing your presentation on a mobile device.
Here’s how to prepare your presentation for playback on a cell phone or mobile device with Flash Lite 3:
- Publish your presentation to Web (Articulate -> Publish -> Web) or open the published output folder for your already published presentation.
- Navigate to C:\Program Files\Articulate\Presenter\players\mobile and copy mobile-player.swf from the players folder to the data folder of your published presentation.
- Copy the data folder, which should now contain mobile-player.swf, to your mobile device.
- Launch mobile-player.swf via your mobile device to view your presentation.
Here’s how to test mobile playback on your computer in quasi-emulation mode:
- Navigate to the data folder of your published presentation where you’ve copied the mobile-player.swf file.
- Drag mobile-player.swf into your Web browser to view your presentation.
- Resize your browser really small to match the screen size of your target mobile device.
- Resizing the browser taller than it is wide will auto-rotate the player to maximize playback size; this is to allow you to view the presentation either tall or wide on your mobile device.
- Your mobile device controls will control playback; you can use your computer’s keyboard to emulate those commands:
Enter: Play / Pause
Left / Right Arrows: Previous / Next
Up / Down Arrows: Volume Up / Volume Down
Known mobile devices that support playback include the following:
If you find that your device supports playback, please let Articulate Support know.